Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2021 6:47:43 PM EDT
I have a Saiga 223 and I want to convert it. With the stupid 922r correct me if I’m wrong I’ll atleast need to have 4 us parts and no more then 10 foreign parts. So I’ve been researching online if convert it with a us trigger group which count as 3 us parts I believe and a us stock and pistol grip thats 2 more leaving me with 5 us parts. I also believe the Saiga are 14 parts in total leaving me with 9 foreign parts I want to also install a zenit handguard but since it’s not a us part counts as a foreign part going back up to 10 foreign parts. Please before I start with this can get a approval from all the experts out there it will be greatly appreciated also I know I’ll have to only use us mags since the count as 3 parts as well so I’m gonna buy tapco galil mags
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:55:04 PM EDT
[#1]
You aren't importing it, don't worry about the part count.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:20:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 3:38:54 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not really "no more than 10 foreign parts".  It's no more than 10 foreign parts on ATF's list of 20 "counted" parts.  You can actually have way more than 10 foreign parts, just as long as they are not the parts on ATF's list of what counts towards the total.

The easiest way is usually with a U.S. fire control group swap (3 parts) and a U.S. magazine swap (3 parts).

Tony
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:03:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea it was a us tapco handguard so it’s us and was hoping to replace it with a zenith co handguard
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#5]
922r only applies to importation. I laugh at all the content created by people who put so much effort into understanding a law that doesn't apply to them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 10:34:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow. This topic is a blast from the past!

Just replace any foreign parts with U.S. made parts. Don't make this into a big deal, just do your best...

Accountant
Page AK-47 » Russian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top