Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2020 2:36:08 PM EDT
I want to install a tritium front sight post on my Russian, Tula-made SKS.

I have seen some advertised for SKS, but text says "type 56".  I have also seen Trit front sight posts for AKs.

So the question is:  Is there any difference between the front sight post of my TULA SKS, and other SKS/AK front sight posts?

Thanks for reading!
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:03:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The thread pitch should be the same between SKS variants and also AKs. The AKs will be longer/ taller.

I’d say go lurk on SKS boards but it looks like they’re gone.

Maybe over on YooperJ
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 8:06:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 9:24:09 PM EDT
[#3]
If you find the answer, please come back and share........
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 11:28:02 AM EDT
[#4]
The front sight post I bought from KenSights, which was labeled a little differently/confusingly when I bought it, fits my TULA SKS perfectly.  Standard SKS front sight tool fits properly.

I had to send the first one back to them because the Trit vial was not installed.  They sent me a post-paid label, and turnaround was quick.

https://stores.kensight.com/kensight-tritium-front-sight-for-sks/

Disclaimer: no financial interest.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top