Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2020 9:15:04 PM EDT
I’ve traded into a matching numbers Russian SKS. It’s in really good shape. I’m thinking of carrying it to Market Hall gunshow in Dallas tomorrow. What’s a ball park that I should ask for it?
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#1]
$579.00
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#2]
So it’s not worth more than a Chinese one?
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Hell, in this climate, $950!!!

Never be afraid to ask for more.  And you really have to ask more because idiots always love to negotiate and feel like they get a deal.  If you offered them the price they wanted to begin with, they'd still bargain.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 9:38:35 PM EDT
[#4]
post pics of it.

I think $750
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 5:06:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Excluding some of the more rare or non-import marked SKS rifles, the Russians fall behind or in the same area as blade bayonet (early) Chinese SKS rifles in value.  They are definitely above all of the later import commercial Chinese SKS rifles.  Laminated stock Russian rifles usually are priced higher than the standard stocked models.  Also, a Russian without the refurb mark (square with a line through it) and all matching (no line out) numbers will bring more money.  However, this is a collectors perspective and most ordinary people just see a SKS that they used to see being sold cheap (Chinese commercial SKS from the 1980s and 1990s).  I paid about $400.00 for my last one, but that was around 7 or 8 years back and it was an all matching nice looking rifle.  If the blade and bolt carrier are black, I personally would grade it on the low end.  I have seen some that look like the whole rifle was re-parked during the refurb process and not as attractive as the normal in the white bolt carrier and blade.  My guess would be non-refurb matching excellent $800 and a low end nice matching refurb $500.  One with box and accessories is currently at $855 on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Excluding some of the more rare or non-import marked SKS rifles, the Russians fall behind or in the same area as blade bayonet (early) Chinese SKS rifles in value.  They are definitely above all of the later import commercial Chinese SKS rifles.  Laminated stock Russian rifles usually are priced higher than the standard stocked models.  Also, a Russian without the refurb mark (square with a line through it) and all matching (no line out) numbers will bring more money.  However, this is a collectors perspective and most ordinary people just see a SKS that they used to see being sold cheap (Chinese commercial SKS from the 1980s and 1990s).  I paid about $400.00 for my last one, but that was around 7 or 8 years back and it was an all matching nice looking rifle.  If the blade and bolt carrier are black, I personally would grade it on the low end.  I have seen some that look like the whole rifle was re-parked during the refurb process and not as attractive as the normal in the white bolt carrier and blade.  My guess would be non-refurb matching excellent $800 and a low end nice matching refurb $500.  One with box and accessories is currently at $855 on Gunbroker.
View Quote

This is pretty spot on for Florida as well.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 2:29:49 AM EDT
[#7]
$600
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 12:28:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Attachment Attached File

I was rummaging through an old file cabinet this morning when I came upon this gem. I paid the princely sum of $125 for the rifle and accessories twenty five years ago, but sadly, all I have to remember it by is this pamphlet.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top