Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2021 8:25:53 PM EDT
I have been out the AK game for a long time. But I have a Romy G kit that il built on a home bent flat. It was a all matching kit, bolt barrel and everything in the normal great condition that these things were. The rifle runs perfect but is a littl ruff being the first build I did and on a home bent flat receiver. Also I do not have the original furniture. But all the rest is matching numbers. If I sold this thing as a kit, say I cut the receiver what are the worth these days? Also am I legally allowed to sell it on a home bent receiver if I left it all assembled?
Link Posted: 11/4/2021 11:36:02 PM EDT
[#1]
The way I understand it is you can sell it inside your state face to face since this not a business and your personal build. Outside the state I don't know how FFLs would handle it. Value is all over right now. I would not know where to range it. Best guess is 600-900 or as much as someone would pay.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:55:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Does it have a serial number? If not, I don't think you can sell it. Read up on the law. Maybe you could gift it to a family member.

I wouldn't give you anything for a home built rifle, but that's just me. An AR-15 home build, even using premium parts, won't  hold up well in the used market. AK's fair much worse.

AK-47 rifles are much more complicated to build. Heat treatment is always suspect on receiver flats.

I paid $400 for a new factory built 10/63 and plugged my nose when buying it. Someone might be willing to buy your rifle after a range session and headspace check. The BATFE requires a serial number, name of manufacturer and City/State engraved on the receiver the last I knew. Crude electro pencil engravings are legal, but ugly as sin.

Good Luck

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, you can sell it even if it doesn't have a serial number. Whether or not an FFL will accept it would be the question even though it's legal.
Link Posted: 11/2/2023 11:06:00 AM EDT
[#4]
There should be a sn on the trunon. Just copy that number to the flat so it will match so nothing is odd
You should be able to move it with a face to face after a test run on a range
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:48:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By dana:
I have been out the AK game for a long time. But I have a Romy G kit that il built on a home bent flat. It was an all matching kit, bolt barrel and everything in the normal great condition that these things were. The rifle runs perfect but is a littl ruff being the first build I did and on a home bent flat receiver. Also I do not have the original furniture. But all the rest is matching numbers. If I sold this thing as a kit, say I cut the receiver what are the worth these days? Also am I legally allowed to sell it on a home bent receiver if I left it all assembled?
View Quote

Kits for “G” AKs are selling in the $5-600 range. You can buy nitride barreled “G” kits(no furniture) from Arms of America for $581 before taxes and shipping.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top