Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2022 11:03:00 PM EDT
I've had an original VZ 58 Pi scope rail for a number of years now and have been asked a many times if I would consider lending it out to have it reproduced.  Unfortunately, because these are so rare, I've always hesitated sending it away for fear of never seeing it again.  Well, I recently found a local old-school machinist with over 50 years of experience who seems to understand what "reproduction" means to a collector.  So, I'm currently having a number of them made and I'm curious if anyone is still interested in these.  They are not for sale yet but it won't be long and I'd place them in for sale subforum when the time comes.  Right now, I'm just trying to gauge interest.  The price will probably be around $160 shipped per rail and I should have 20 available with a few of them already spoken for.  

A few pictures of my original:

Vintage pictures of a VZ 58 Pi with the NSP-2 NV scope:

A couple pictures sent by my machinist of some reproductions compared to my original.  Of course, I'll have MUCH better pictures when they are ready for prime time:

So tell me if y'all have interest in these and, if so, I'll post them up in the marketplace when the time comes to actually put them up for sale.
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 4:11:49 PM EDT
[#1]
So, what goes on them? Any availabile mounts? If there isn't anything to use them they are not really useful or valuable outside of bragging rights.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 4:08:33 PM EDT
[#2]
They are for mounting nsp2 night vision.  The purpose is to clone a vz58pi which was issued with the rail, a flash hider. A bipod, and the night vision.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 5:41:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I started out with twenty on Saturday evening and I'm down to nine:

You can mount some other "AK style" mounts but I can't guarantee clearance or eye relief.  For example, here is a Gen 2 1PN 51 but I can't speak for the eye relief until I actually have my rail mounted:

Original and repro:

Page AK-47 » VZ58
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top