Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2022 5:03:42 PM EDT
Getting back into AKs, with a Zastava M70.  

Here's the ammo I gather quite a while ago.  Any thoughts on accuracy, value, etc.  Accuracy could be M70 specific, so once I pick it up, I can give that a whirl.  

Would you be inclined to hold back more on the WPA, since it's HP?

Wolf 123 gr FMJ Steel case
Tiger 124 gr FMJBT Steel case
WPA 124 gr HP steel case

Also, what ammo should I be shopping for now?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 5:13:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 5:56:25 PM EDT
[#2]
You should be getting whatever you can find. The days of $170 per 1k are gone.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 6:45:44 AM EDT
[#3]
It will all depend on what your rifle likes best.

Of your three choices, the Tiger (Golden Tiger?) Is probably the best, but not likely by a great margin.

We're talking about mass-produced steel case, steel jacketed ammunition in an AK.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks all.  I have some older Remington  in the green/yellow box believe it or not.  Some Federal as well.  Bought it new a long time ago.

So if cost and availability were no issue, what ammo is considered to be  premiere for the AK?
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 11:19:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So if cost and availability were no issue, what ammo is considered to be  premiere for the AK?
View Quote

For what purpose?

Hunting? Self Defense? SHTF?

I don't hunt and AKs are not my SD weapon of choice. My SHTF stash is lacquered and sealed Barnaul and Ulyanovsk FMJ. IMHO, any of the lacquered and sealed FMJ currently on the market like the Romanian, Bulgarian, and Russian is more than adequate.

Some guys swear by Yugoslavian brass cased M-67 for SHTF.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

For what purpose?

Hunting? Self Defense? SHTF?

I don't hunt and AKs are not my SD weapon of choice. My SHTF stash is lacquered and sealed Barnaul and Ulyanovsk FMJ. IMHO, any of the lacquered and sealed FMJ currently on the market like the Romanian, Bulgarian, and Russian is more than adequate.

Some guys swear by Yugoslavian brass cased M-67 for SHTF.
View Quote

Duh.  Thanks.  Yes, my bad, for SHTF.  I'd be locked up in PA trying to hunt with an AK!!
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top