Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2022 8:15:54 PM EDT
Which flash hider are you running on your RPKs? I have an AES 10B that fame with a slant muzzle brake which I didint care for. Have switched from a muzzle nut to several different flash hiders since. Had a straight AIMR long flash hider I liked. But have since gone back to a muzzle nut. What is the birdcage flash hider on the RPK 74? Does a flash hider even do anything with this length barrel and the round its shooting? Anybody running a muzzle brake or compensator?

I like the look of the RPK 74 Birdcage FH. But can't find it anywhere. I can find surplus ones but I need a US made one due to 922-R. Also, I don't know if those have a big enough opening for 7.62 being a 5.45 FH. CNC Warrior's Chinese Type 84 Flash Hider almost looks identical but they're out of stock. The Tapco Flash Hider looks close too but they're out of stock and out of business. Any suggestions? Or should I just stick with the muzzle nut?
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 11:06:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By asdaven:
Which flash hider are you running on your RPKs? I have an AES 10B that fame with a slant muzzle brake which I didint care for. Have switched from a muzzle nut to several different flash hiders since. Had a straight AIMR long flash hider I liked. But have since gone back to a muzzle nut. What is the birdcage flash hider on the RPK 74? Does a flash hider even do anything with this length barrel and the round its shooting? Anybody running a muzzle brake or compensator?

I like the look of the RPK 74 Birdcage FH. But can't find it anywhere. I can find surplus ones but I need a US made one due to 922-R. Also, I don't know if those have a big enough opening for 7.62 being a 5.45 FH. CNC Warrior's Chinese Type 84 Flash Hider almost looks identical but they're out of stock. The Tapco Flash Hider looks close too but they're out of stock and out of business. Any suggestions? Or should I just stick with the muzzle nut?
View Quote

I’m on the same quest. Looking for a RPK74 bird cage muzzle device. Everyone is out of stock. I need it for my MPi AKS 74nk build.
Link Posted: 6/19/2022 10:30:14 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are looking for US parts for 922 compliance there is little available.

FWIW Sign up for CNC warrior's out of stock notification. Last year I received an email for restocked part there - I could not even recall making the request LOL - it had been a long time. They seem to be a peculiar operation - strange production schedule.

On the East German NK hider JMAC used to offer a two port and a mult-iport variant. When they stopped I inquired about them - was basically told no and don't ask again.

There are Russian made RPK long flash hiders and RPK74 hiders available on gunbroker - I just checked - still there.

There's a guy by the handle "brick" that used to offer a US replica of the long RPK hider. I obtained one on the secondary market - well made.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 11:15:58 PM EDT
[#3]
14mm LH threads
Griffin Taper mount for suppressors
Page AK-47 » RPK / RPD / PKM
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top