Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2022 12:29:03 AM EDT
I've had this for years and recently unearthed. I loaded it years ago but I've never run rounds through it.  Marked with arsenal stamp circle with star. According to the Grim reaper Kalashnikov book made by Russian Vyatskie Polyany Arsenal. Have canvas pouch that it came with. What's this thing  worth?
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 9:39:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you leave it loaded for years?
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:48:46 AM EDT
[#2]
No loaded it up and unloaded. Heavy!
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 10:29:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Guessing $225-$300 based on what I have seen other similar mags listed for.  Probably going to be on the high end if your drum mag was originally bought as unissued and was in NOS condition when purchased.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:24:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saw a Chinese drum mag go for $150 at the funshow today.
View Quote

That's only a good price if someone really wanted a Chinese made and marked one.  The Chinese style Romanian ones go for about $135 (and people suspect they are really Chinese made).  Chinese, Korean and Romanian are all back loaders while the Russian ones are top loading so different creatures.  I believe the OP has a Russian top loader so still standing by my estimate of $225 to $300 (that will only go up over time).
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 10:48:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Saw a Chinese drum mag go for $150 at the funshow today.
View Quote

that's a great price on a chinese drum considering the romanian new production knockoffs are the same price right now
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 11:19:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an RPK 75rd drum top loader style but it came with the East German rubberized canvas and leather pouch for European AK47 75rd drum magazines.

I got this at a flea market in Poland for about 10 marks. I know its east german or Russian.

Left it loaded since the 90s and mag dumped it years ago with no issues.

left it loaded again.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 3:45:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Star in circle or star in a shield?

I thought only Molot (star in shield) made RPK drums in Russia?

If it has a Russian drum cover as well, I'd estimate collector value at least around $200 depending on condition.

It seems that most shooters prefer the rear-loading drums and wont pay a premium for the top loaders.
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 12:28:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Seen one on gunbroker recently sell for over $400

not saying thats the going rate, but there harder to find than any other drum.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 2:50:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's only a good price if someone really wanted a Chinese made and marked one.  The Chinese style Romanian ones go for about $135 (and people suspect they are really Chinese made).  Chinese, Korean and Romanian are all back loaders while the Russian ones are top loading so different creatures.  I believe the OP has a Russian top loader so still standing by my estimate of $225 to $300 (that will only go up over time).
View Quote

Hmmm I have several top loaders. I bought them in the early 2000s. They where new in wrap (brown oily paper). They where sold as "Romanian surplus mags". Are you saying there's a good chance they are really Russian and NOT Romanian? I bought a few of the after market back loading Romanian, that remind me of Chinese back loaders. These top loaders are a totally different animal. Heavy sheet metal. Are there, or where there Romanian top loaders?
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top