Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/12/2018 9:53:46 AM EDT
Will the flash hider on the RH10 come loose since there is no crush washer? or is it good to go?
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 12:21:56 AM EDT
[#1]
From what I remember from Robski of AKOU (youtube) saying in his video just wrench it tight and it will be ok. Check frequently to see if it loosens.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 12:24:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From what I remember from Robski from AKOU (youtube) saying in his video just wrench it tight and it will be ok. Check frequently to see if it loosens.
View Quote
I believe in the 3000 round video he says he has had no problems since adding blue loctite to the threads. That’s what I’d recommend regardless, but a crush washer would definitely work without loctite (that’s all AR’s use).
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 12:26:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I believe in the 3000 round video he says he has had no problems since adding blue loctite to the threads.
View Quote
I recalled this as well yet didn't review the video before my last post. Good post Toddrick.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 12:35:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I recalled this as well yet didn't review the video before my last post. Good post Toddrick.
View Quote
Thanks, I waste way too much time on AKFiles.

A third option besides a crush washer or loctite is a 14x1LH locking nut (but then you’d probably still need loctite on the locking nut). A crush washer is probably the best solution, since that’s what we still use on most AR-15’s. Not sure where to find those for AK’s though, which may be why Rob Ski stuck with the blue loctite.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 6:07:49 AM EDT
[#5]
He used blue loctite because there isn't enough shoulder on the barrel for a crush washer.

Link:  http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255345
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Well since we are discussing the Cugir Rifle, what is the difference between the RH10 and the Paratrooper? I do not own either.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 3:51:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well since we are discussing the Cugir Rifle, what is the difference between the RH10 and the Paratrooper? I do not own either.
View Quote
I think they are basically the same. Maybe just different importers.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
He used blue loctite because there isn't enough shoulder on the barrel for a crush washer.

Link:  http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255345
View Quote
Ah yes, it’s a ways down the thread but they say there is no shoulder to hold the crush washer in place on the RH-10 (must be a light barrel profile), so a jam nut might be useful. “Jam nut” is the technical term for what I called a “locking nut” above.

The jam nut will need blue loctite, and then it will act as the shoulder. So it would still be best to use blue loctite on the muzzle device too so it doesn’t come loose...unless you could fit a crush washer between the nut and muzzle device.

I gotta say, I’m not a fan of any of that. If it must be timed, get a jam nut I guess, but if I were OP, I’d just put something that didn’t need timed on it, like an A2 style flash hider, or three prong FH, and use blue loctite with no jam nut.

If OP wants a jam nut PM me. I think I still have one that I don’t use. I think I also have an A2 in 14x1LH. It won’t look sexy, but it will work.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 5:52:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Gas system and side rail.

The RH10 has a normal-length gas system, but the Paratrooper has a shorter, Draco-style gas system.

The Paratrooper has a normal-spec side rail.  The RH10 has a rail that sits higher on the side of the receiver.

Edit to add:  A1 flash suppressors have slots all around.  A2 have a closed bottom.  If you want one you can just crank on without timing, you want the A1.  Isn't that what it already comes with, though?
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Does anyone know a list of muzzle brakes that work for our RH10s that don't require the timing pin or crush washer? I wanted to get a new brake to reduce recoil but all the ones I were interested in require the timing pin in the front gas block. Since ours is a front sight gas block combo with a full length barrel, it's kind of hard to find a brake that works.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine came loose at the first ~30 rounds.
I end up put a jam nut in there and it's good so far.
The barrel thread has no shoulder to put crush washer.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 10:43:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mine came loose at the first ~30 rounds.
I end up put a jam nut in there and it's good so far.
The barrel thread has no shoulder to put crush washer.
View Quote
Which jam nut did you use and do you think that would work with another aftermarket muzzle device? I have been getting no luck on how to secure other muzzle brakes without the use of the timing pin because I too have the RH10 with the front sight/gas block combo.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 4:27:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Which jam nut did you use and do you think that would work with another aftermarket muzzle device? I have been getting no luck on how to secure other muzzle brakes without the use of the timing pin because I too have the RH10 with the front sight/gas block combo.
View Quote
I got from eBay.
HFD2 14-1 LH JAM NUT Made in USA
Now after ~500 rounds still hold good.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top