Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2022 4:03:51 AM EDT
The ammo below is "Factory Remanufactured by Vympel". Is there anything bad about it other than it having a corrosive primer?

It appears they took whatever bullet was on the case off (maybe it was armor piercing?), then put a different bullet into the case. From reading the description I can't tell whether they kept the powder with the primed case and just put another bullet on it.

https://www.sgammo.com/product/golden-tiger-ammo-sale/1000-round-case-russian-762x39-124-grain-fmj-bt-corrosive-primer-fact
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 4:47:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Most likely reused the powder.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 6:33:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Just be aware that the ammunition would be disassembled,  the powder would be taken out of the case and then collected in barrels and then the case goes back into the production line and the powder gets put back in..

So you know it's just like reloaded ammunition from anywhere else
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 10:42:11 AM EDT
[#3]
The original steel core projectiles were replaced with a lead core projectiles so the ammunition could be exported to the US.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 11:43:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought a couple thousand rounds of this stuff from sam at sgammo.  I’ve ran about 500+ rounds with zero issues. Other than corrosive it good ammo in my opinion.

I haven’t grouped any of this ammo for accuracy just plinking with the family.
Link Posted: 8/26/2022 11:43:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought a couple thousand rounds of this stuff from sam at sgammo.  I've ran about 500+ rounds with zero issues. Other than corrosive it good ammo in my opinion.

I haven't grouped any of this ammo for accuracy just plinking with the family.
View Quote
Nothing super formal, but in my experience it has slightly better than average accuracy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2022 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Nothing super formal, but in my experience it has slightly better than average accuracy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought a couple thousand rounds of this stuff from sam at sgammo.  I've ran about 500+ rounds with zero issues. Other than corrosive it good ammo in my opinion.

I haven't grouped any of this ammo for accuracy just plinking with the family.

Good to hear, I’ll try to put some on paper next trip. See what kind of results I can get. To further the info pool.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top