Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2021 10:20:43 PM EDT
I am curious what your experiences with Tortort Galil receivers were. My builder swears by his stuff, and says they are worth the wait. I ordered two a month and a half ago, and am anxious to see them. I'm also a bit concerned that the guy doesn't return phone calls or emails, and Im curious what your experiences were and how long the process takes.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 11:12:01 PM EDT
[#1]
They are the best on the market.

By far.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 11:28:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are the best on the market.

By far.
View Quote

This is good to hear!
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 12:37:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Tortort has said himself in the past that his customer service when it comes to answering emails/calls is atrocious.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 12:57:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I've talked to somebody named Ben a couple times on the phone at Tortort - nice dude and even recommended that I order from Atlantic Firearms if they had TT receivers in stock as they'd ship quicker than him.

Sent my excellent condition APEX ARM kit, TT receiver, and an NOS IMI barrel to Hillbilly Firearms. Been waiting 6 months now so hopefully soon! Anxious to shoot it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 1:38:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Tortort has said himself in the past that his customer service when it comes to answering emails/calls is atrocious.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ive emailed, left a phone message, and even sent him a PM on facebook.... atrocious is an understatement! Still, his stuff looks badass, so here is hoping it arrives at my FFL...

Quoted:
I've talked to somebody named Ben a couple times on the phone at Tortort - nice dude and even recommended that I order from Atlantic Firearms if they had TT receivers in stock as they'd ship quicker than him.

Sent my excellent condition APEX ARM kit, TT receiver, and an NOS IMI barrel to Hillbilly Firearms. Been waiting 6 months now so hopefully soon! Anxious to shoot it.

I ordered one with lightning cuts and one with the scope mount, Atlantic just has the plain jane units or I would have gone with them. I wonder how long it takes for him to typically ship these out?
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 5:31:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Its a solid foundation for a build*

*If you know how to build.

Link Posted: 4/27/2021 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Coblat-60, AEnemaBay,Seattle206 and JKH62 thank you so very much.

Big Sal, our CS is terrible. How can i help you today?
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 12:48:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Ive emailed, left a phone message, and even sent him a PM on facebook.... atrocious is an understatement! Still, his stuff looks badass, so here is hoping it arrives at my FFL...

I ordered one with lightning cuts and one with the scope mount, Atlantic just has the plain jane units or I would have gone with them. I wonder how long it takes for him to typically ship these out?
View Quote

doh!!! Big Sal im sorry i missed that. The custom ordered ones are 2-3 month as of today.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 7:17:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Attachment Attached File

Mine went together easy peasy!!
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#11]

Nice!
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Tortort: I sent you folks a copy of my FFL info via email. There wasn't a place for it on your website. It was order #4132. Just wanted to make sure you fellas had everything you needed. If you need more specifics, I can message you.

(P.S.: thanks for the reply)
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 11:52:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Tortort: I sent you folks a copy of my FFL info via email. There wasn't a place for it on your website. It was order #4132. Just wanted to make sure you fellas had everything you needed. If you need more specifics, I can message you.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you BigSal, i just mailed you.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 12:46:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thank you BigSal, i just mailed you.
View Quote

Thanks again. Just responded, let me know if you fellas don’t get it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Used a Tortort for my build.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:16:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I gotta say, these receivers look slick!
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#17]
I personally wonder if the wait is part of their business plan,,,,they take your money, make you wait for months (so many months you can almost no long dispute the charges on your CC), by the time you actually get something you feel lucky that you got anything at all.  Even if you detect a problem, you dont feel comfortable about sending it back because..1. you dont want to wait 4 more months for a replacement  2.  You wonder if you send it back if you will ever see anything at all.

As far as their product and my experience..The receiver i received directly from Tortort (the one Jeff Miller never touched)  had the nicest finish I have ever seen on a galil receiver.  The machining was amazing inside and out, the cutouts for the trigger and pistol grip nut looked so clean, we were wondering if it was cut with a lazer.   The only problem with the receiver was the pocket for the bullet guide was incomplete and required some additional machining for the bullet guide to fit properly (hopefully this has been corrected by now) ...the only other complaint I have on the Tortort is the slot on the back of the receiver differs from IMI.

As for customer service....its time to hire a receptionist...
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 3:29:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Hello again tomelroy, we try to ship our ususal stuff in a timely manner and are trying to keep up!!

Also an fyi to anyone reading, the Galil options are made to order per customer request so there is a lead time. And of course if you're unhappy with any of our stuff we would offer a full replacement warranty or return.
Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Does that replacement warranty apply to the Micro Galil receivers ordered through your website or am I SOL on it?  If so please send me a replacement micro galil receiver and a trigger guard, mag catch with pin and spring, and an IMI bullet guide.  (i will rivet it on myself)  Once receiver, I will send this micro that slipped throught the QC cracks back....Thanks  #Tortortistheman  #forgetallthebadstuffIhavesaid #justbepatient
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#20]
You will need to return the part for a refund, same as any other company.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#21]
@tortortmfg
Your receiver was awesome thank you some much.  
Outstanding service
See above picture
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Thank you very much Marcus!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 6:39:47 PM EDT
[#23]
I dont want a refund...I want a replacement.  #fullreplacementwarranty
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:08:44 PM EDT
[#24]
The warranty is on Tortort products.

Tortort can get you a refund but cant speak for the replacement on the Hillbilly Micros anymore.  We no longer sell this product and have not for about a year.

We have been asking you to send this back for over a year now but you have refused.

A replacement would need to be approved by Hillbilly Firearms. Its a Hillbilly Firearms marked receiver.

Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:52:32 PM EDT
[#25]
So I am SOL on a replacement....dang  #hadmyhopesup
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 1:37:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
We have been asking you to send this back for over a year now but you have refused.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well it sounds like you had a chance.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 2:12:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

When you refuse to contact the manufacturer, yes, you are SOL.

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 3:51:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Thread has ran its coarse-HM
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top