Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2022 9:02:22 PM EDT
My brother gave me an 80% Polish pattern receiver as a birthday gift. I've never had much interest in building an AK, but now that I have the cheap part interest is growing.

I did build a milled kit about 20 years ago when the parts kit was $129 and the receiver another $90 or so-WELL aware that's not going to happen this time. Just wondering if there's anything out there in worthwhile condition for less than the $700 I'm seeing.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 9:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
No...that ship has long since sailed.
Link Posted: 1/9/2022 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Exactly what I thought I'd find out. Thanks for the confirmation.

It would still be neat to build it up, and it's not costing me anything to have it on hand.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 11:34:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the cheapest you could build one now is around $600 to $700 just for the kit, including a populated barrel.. Then, correct me if I am wrong, but the tools would be about $150 at the cheapest, if you have your own press. If not, then add another nearly $200. So, at current prices, cost to build would be around $1200... am I incorrect in that assessment?
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 9:06:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By k75zracer:
I think the cheapest you could build one now is around $600 to $700 just for the kit, including a populated barrel.. Then, correct me if I am wrong, but the tools would be about $150 at the cheapest, if you have your own press. If not, then add another nearly $200. So, at current prices, cost to build would be around $1200... am I incorrect in that assessment?
View Quote

That's about what I came up with using the kit prices I've been finding.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 3:01:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By k75zracer:
View Quote
Accurate.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:56:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I still have 2 Romy G kits and an AMD65 kits ray-holed away.
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 2:30:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rmrz] [#7]
I have a few Romanian kits I wish I could sell but it is impossible to ship nowadays.
Is there anyone in Vegas maybe?
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 12:40:47 AM EDT
[#8]
You can build a nice weapon but "cheap" isn't part of the conversation.    There are some nice sub $500 Romy kits out there.  Those kolarm kits are trash so avoid those.  

AOA CAT II Kits- They were $575 shipped for the 3 CAT kits and less than $500 for the just matching kit.  

Recreator Blank- $120ish

Barrel- AOA Polish or AKB Chrome Lined- $184-$200

Rivets- $10

As a comparative,  PSA is selling a rifle built on a Romy kit which should be a solid performer.   I know they are dodging shit flingers right now but unless something went horribly wrong these Romy kitted guns should be an alright deal at $899 plus the cost of a cleaning rod.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top