Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/22/2020 12:20:49 PM EDT
It's simple one 5.45 gun could get the stamp, let's discuss:

Option 1: Stamp SLR-104FR into a AK-105

Option 2: Acquire SLR-104UR and stamp it

Option 3: Wait to see when PSA is releasing their krink / other 5.45 stuff and stamp then

Ideally I'd like to have all projects completed prior to the election so the first two options are more realistic based on PSA release dates -> actually on the market.

@palmettostatearmory can you tell us if the Krink and other 5.45 guns will be on the market to purchase in 2020?

ETA: I’ve got cans and mounts but this being a host is not a major concern. I’m going for an unsuppressed carbine here if that influences vote.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm all about the 105 bro. Just do it.

Krinks are fun, full size is fun, but 105 is the perfect balance. Trust me, I got all.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 4:26:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm all about the 105 bro. Just do it.

Krinks are fun, full size is fun, but 105 is the perfect balance. Trust me, I got all.
View Quote
Need to hunt down a Bulgy FSB/GB then.

They are tricky to find
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 5:15:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm planning on picking up the PSA Krink in 5.45 when it comes out, I may even go ahead and pick up ammo and mags, I'll be SBRing it real quick.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 5:16:00 PM EDT
[#4]
eithe on the files or the othe AKforum someone is selling US reproductions. That's the way I would go. I used a JMAC booster on mine.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 6:37:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm planning on picking up the PSA Krink in 5.45 when it comes out, I may even go ahead and pick up ammo and mags, I'll be SBRing it real quick.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
watch the EE closely here and on the files.

Lots of $30 mags if you get 3+ popping up lately.

Quoted:
eithe on the files or the othe AKforum someone is selling US reproductions. That's the way I would go. I used a JMAC booster on mine.
Yes! found that thread earlier, the Gen1's were cracking so I'm skeptical on the gen2's, if all else fails I'll go that route.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 9:46:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I would do krink. Don't mess with that 104 FR unless you have two of them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:05:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a alpha 105 and a standard 105 also Krinks... hands down the 105 it is my favorite Ak hands down.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm on the eform site as we speak....

waiting on ink pad / fingerprint cards (should be here tomorrow) then I'll hit "submit"
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I would do krink. Don't mess with that 104 FR unless you have two of them.
View Quote
I've got another Bulgy 74.

Will most likely get the PSA Krink as well and stamp it too

This will give me: 74, AK105, AKSU as the 5.45 family
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Krink, unless you already have one, then the 105. Eforms are only a month anyways.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:37:32 AM EDT
[#11]
They are only taking a month? Dang I need to do a few more I haven’t done a E form. Looks like I will be looking into that I have been doing it the hard way.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 11:42:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They are only taking a month? Dang I need to do a few more I haven’t done a E form. Looks like I will be looking into that I have been doing it the hard way.
View Quote
My last SBR took a little over a month. That was also over the Christmas and new year holiday.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Bulgy CR gas block acquired!

Link Posted: 1/23/2020 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Woot
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Woot
View Quote
I never thought I'd do what I did to get it but what's done is done.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
lol. We all have to the dirty sometimes, I'll not think less of you.
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

just paid too much
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 6:44:52 PM EDT
[#18]
And it's done...

Link Posted: 1/27/2020 4:14:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Things are happening.....

Link Posted: 1/27/2020 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#20]
sweeeeeeetttt! I'll upload a pic of mine tonight to help you patiently wait for yours.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
sweeeeeeetttt! I'll upload a pic of mine tonight to help you patiently wait for yours.
View Quote

So the detent pin is also the top barrel pin correct? So this would be pinned there as well as the on the "lug" ?
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 5:27:43 PM EDT
[#22]
correct, do not install the detent until it's time to mount up.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 6:11:06 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
Dude, I can't wait to see this.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 6:20:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
give it another few weeks, waiting on our friends in WV to let me get to work
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#25]
All the conversion items have arrived. Only thing left is the stamp.

Link Posted: 1/28/2020 11:27:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Let me see if I can dig up my crowning tool and the bore guide for ya. Mark, then remove block, then crown, the reinstall block, is how I'd do it. I left my block on and it crowned the block too. May be a good thing though. IM me your info Fin
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
All the conversion items have arrived. Only thing left is the stamp.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164007/E45D96CB-2A97-4A59-992E-D95C093D91F4-1253045.jpg
View Quote
Are swapping those parts out difficult? I had a SLR107 a while back and seem to remember that was a specialized task, meaning special tools that I don’t have.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Are swapping those parts out difficult? I had a SLR107 a while back and seem to remember that was a specialized task, meaning special tools that I don't have.
View Quote
Usually a simple process, especially when using a Bulgarian 104/105 FSB. It's a direct replacement for the GB. The Russian block is a little different and requires a channel or new gas port drilled.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 3:08:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Usually a simple process, especially when using a Bulgarian 104/105 FSB. It's a direct replacement for the GB. The Russian block is a little different and requires a channel or new gas port drilled.
View Quote
I'm assuming you'd use a press of some sorts, right?
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 3:37:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Typically  yes, but it's not 100% needed to do the job. I've removed them before with a hammer and punch.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm having a local AK wizard help me with mine.

@nictra he's adamant that he uses his shop equipment to cut/crown after I told him I was going to do it at home.

Link Posted: 1/28/2020 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#32]
All good man. Just trying to help a brother out.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 5:37:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
All good man. Just trying to help a brother out.
View Quote
I'm afraid I'd break it. Always end up breaking a borrowed tool

Good man to offer!
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 5:04:14 AM EDT
[#34]
Cant wait to see it! My 104ur is at the Smith right now getting the chop.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Got a JMAC adapter on the way so I can have all three stock options (poly folder, triangle folder, and AR buffer tube setup)

I’d like to get a railed handguard to have as an option. Been looking at the Zenitco B30U but I’m afraid that it could interfere with the Bulgarian combo gas block.

Just looking for a lower rail option to get some more grip real estate and it does look good.

Will use standard upper HG.

Any options I should be looking at? No keymod, 1913 or mlok would be ideal.

@tx-zen @nictra
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 9:33:15 PM EDT
[#36]
zentico will work fine for with the 105. Zen posted a pic of his with zentico
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 9:38:06 PM EDT
[#37]
If it's Bulgarian the ZenitCo might need some fitting. Some guns need it, others don't
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 3:58:28 PM EDT
[#38]
28 days later.....

Our friends in WV decided I'm still good to go! Stamp in hand

Going to get the engraving done this evening @tx-zen @nictra - I'm assuming everyone gets it done in front of the magwell (what I did on Draco)?

Hopefully I can get into an AK industry expert's shop this weekend to get everything pressed on and the barrel cut / crowned. Pressing and cutting is to happen Sunday.

Stay tuned.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#39]
I'd do it on the bottom in front of magwell if that's an option.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 10:24:31 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Same
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same
it is done.

it's amazing how tight they can do it with a laser
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 10:39:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Noice. Can't wait for you to join the club
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:18:01 AM EDT
[#43]
@tx-zen

how does the griffin 1/2x28 adapter work in reality? I've got an old pig of a can (YHM Phantom) that I might just want to use on the "105".

Guess the better question is how does it index off the barrel face?
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 1:57:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Man, I really want to get a 107CR and SBR the thing. Just haven’t got to it yet.

My UR was the last one I did, and that was years ago.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
@tx-zen

how does the griffin 1/2x28 adapter work in reality? I've got an old pig of a can (YHM Phantom) that I might just want to use on the "105".

View Quote
It works really well. I have at least 5 or 6 24x1.5 FSBs with Griffins on them, including my custom Tiger FSB. All are concentric and work great

eta: drank too much while typing this , it indexes off the muzzle

It doesn't index to the muzzle face - it indexes to the FSB face, which eliminates the problem of the threads being non concentric. If they are non concentric one side or the other of the Griffin will hit the FSB first but it still stays aligned with the barrel because the whole FSB is aligned with the barrel...maybe not the threads and maybe not the muzzle face, but the FSB as a whole is. As far as I can see this is the secret sauce of the Griffin

It doesn't help if the barrel has been drilled off center but for thread issues it works extremely well

People say you can't easily suppress a 74 but I think it's actually easier than a 14x1 because you don't have much to work with on 14x1 if the threads are non concentric. The Griffin is a smart design
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 6:33:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
It works really well. I have at least 5 or 6 24x1.5 FSBs with Griffins on them, including my custom Tiger FSB. All are concentric and work great

It doesn't index to the muzzle face - it indexes to the FSB face, which eliminates the problem of the threads being non concentric. If they are non concentric one side or the other of the Griffin will hit the FSB first but it still stays aligned with the barrel because the whole FSB is aligned with the barrel...maybe not the threads and maybe not the muzzle face, but the FSB as a whole is. As far as I can see this is the secret sauce of the Griffin

It doesn't help if the barrel has been drilled off center but for thread issues it works extremely well

People say you can't easily suppress a 74 but I think it's actually easier than a 14x1 because you don't have much to work with on 14x1 if the threads are non concentric. The Griffin is a smart design
View Quote
order placed!
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Ok, come Monday, we better see pics. :)
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 9:50:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Ok, come Monday, we better see pics. :)
View Quote
Should be Sunday evening.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:17:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
@tx-zen

View Quote
I've got the griffin adapter on a SAM7k sbr and a 106ur SBR.  Both of them were concentric.  And both of them I still would have gotten a baffle strike.  I had to very lightly file the end of my barrel.  You're talking taking off thousandths.  Just look at which way your suppressor/alignment rod tell you the can is tilting and touch the opposite edge with the file.  There's more to the can being in line with the bore than just concentric threads.

I've got a 106CR and 107CR waiting for form 1 to come back currently.  On those, I'm gonna chop the barrel and leave a little nub in front of the 24mm threads and have it threaded for a can.  Then when I want, I can pull the can off and install a booster on the 24mm threads and hide the little barrel nubby.

Link Posted: 2/22/2020 12:48:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I've got the griffin adapter on a SAM7k sbr and a 106ur SBR.  Both of them were concentric.  And both of them I still would have gotten a baffle strike.  I had to very lightly file the end of my barrel.  You're talking taking off thousandths.  Just look at which way your suppressor/alignment rod tell you the can is tilting and touch the opposite edge with the file.  There's more to the can being in line with the bore than just concentric threads.

I've got a 106CR and 107CR waiting for form 1 to come back currently.  On those, I'm gonna chop the barrel and leave a little nub in front of the 24mm threads and have it threaded for a can.  Then when I want, I can pull the can off and install a booster on the 24mm threads and hide the little barrel nubby.

https://i.ibb.co/s9d4FQz/Screen-Shot-2020-02-21-at-10-14-20-PM.png
https://i.ibb.co/NYCT0jh/Screen-Shot-2020-02-21-at-10-15-14-PM.png
View Quote
thanks!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top