Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2022 9:43:27 PM EDT
So, I bought this Hungarian parts kit build I love it it’s very well built but I’ve had a few issues regarding the gas tube/piston/carrier. First, I bought an ultimak gas tube and it was exactly 1” to big so I cut it and modified it and it now fits perfectly.

The second issue I had was I also bought a KNS gas piston and tried to install it and it was an absolute nightmare.

The piston seemed to be welded in there I drilled out the piston hole and it still wouldn’t move, I ended up cracking the carrier with the drill so I bought a brand new Polish piston/carrier which I was told would fit my AK. I measured and it’s 5 3/4” and It seems to be too long which means my KNS piston will be too long and I’ll have to get another one.

Pics of gap
https://imgur.com/a/2Vk4e63

So, I’m wondering If I can just buy a shorter KNS gas piston or even modify the one I have or if I have to buy an entire new carrier and gas piston. KNS is extremely confusing as to what size so if anyone could help me pick the correct one I would be most great full!
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 4:13:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like an AMD-65...  Originals have a 12.5” or so barrel, a shorter gas tube and shorter piston.  If it has an OEM barrel you also want an extended brake to permanently attach for a legal rifle.  

You need an AMD-65 specific piston.  If you can’t find one IM me as I may have one I could sell.
Page AK-47 » Hungarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top