BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2019 4:46:58 PM EDT
Old Today, 03:33 PM  #1
Bilbo42

Just cleaned and lubed my cousin’s Chinese SKS Triangle 306 1.8 serial number suffix P rifle and put it back together. I just noticed that the very bottom inside of the left lip of the stripper clip slot (on the bolt carrier) impacts the outermost rear left edge of the gas piston tube round housing at about 7 o’clock. I’m not sure of its exact name, but what I am calling the “gas piston tube housing” is that little price of tubelike housing about an inch long that comes off the rear of the rear sight! And there is a noticeable impact felt and heard at that point (and hesitation) just before the bolt carrier and bolt completely close and go into battery! There is a little shinny mark there at 7 o’clock. Don’t know if it’s always done that. Any thoughts. I think it is put back correctly and it function tests ok!  Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 11:47:13 AM EDT
[#1]
A lot of SKS are made a little crude. Lots of rough edges and uneven finish etc. QC was worried about utility and Mass production not cosmetics. Without a picture it's hard to say if it's an issue or not. If it is a small shiny mark than chances are it's a non issue and can continue to be shot or filed/sanded to be smoother operating.

The bolt and carrier can only go together one way so if it's put together without any left over parts its practically guaranteed to be correct. If you ride the charging handle forward most SKS will hesitate or hang up as the bolt locks up with the receiver. You should be releasing the bolt from the rearmost position and it shouldn't have an issue.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 10:58:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Old Today, 03:33 PM  #1
Bilbo42

Just cleaned and lubed my cousin’s Chinese SKS Triangle 306 1.8 serial number suffix P rifle and put it back together. I just noticed that the very bottom inside of the left lip of the stripper clip slot (on the bolt carrier) impacts the outermost rear left edge of the gas piston tube round housing at about 7 o’clock. I’m not sure of its exact name, but what I am calling the “gas piston tube housing” is that little price of tubelike housing about an inch long that comes off the rear of the rear sight! And there is a noticeable impact felt and heard at that point (and hesitation) just before the bolt carrier and bolt completely close and go into battery! There is a little shinny mark there at 7 o’clock. Don’t know if it’s always done that. Any thoughts. I think it is put back correctly and it function tests ok!  Thanks!!!
View Quote
We're going to need pics.

I'm assuming you're talking about the stripper clip guide on the bolt carrier, some how hitting the gas piston extension guide on the receiver in a way that is not normal.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top