Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2018 7:28:01 PM EDT
My LGS buddy has one of these that has caught my eye.  It has a PSO 4x24 type sight with working illuminated reticule cover and eyepiece.  Over all condition is like new, none of the serial numbers match. 2 Mags and a sling included

Here are my questions:

1). It appears this is a parts gun assembled in Romania for TG, Knox TN.  Online research indicates these were built in Romania or the US but the stamping says built in Romania with an import stamp from NC below it...how can I tell where it was built?

2).  Reviews I found online are mixed, does anyone have any experience to share?

3).  Price was marked $2500 but is offered to me at $1900 which still seems a bit high but is cheaper that the just imported Century, should I fo?
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:33:03 PM EDT
[#1]
These are overpriced in my opinion for what it is.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:38:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought mine for $400, it's a fun gun. It's not $2000 worth of fun though.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#3]
They weren't worth the $650 when they first came out let alone $1900! They are a big inaccurate AK and not anywhere close to a PSL in design.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:04:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are a big inaccurate AK and not anywhere close to a PSL in design.
View Quote
Do you mean SVD?
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Bought mine for 450. When you can get a dpms g2 for 900 why would you buy it but entertainment. And it is fun but not that fun.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Lol at $1900...$2500 ROTFL
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 4:46:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Do you mean SVD?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you mean SVD?
Yes, I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 6:22:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My LGS buddy has one of these that has caught my eye.  It has a PSO 4x24 type sight with working illuminated reticule cover and eyepiece.  Over all condition is like new, none of the serial numbers match. 2 Mags and a sling included

Here are my questions:

1). It appears this is a parts gun assembled in Romania for TG, Knox TN.  Online research indicates these were built in Romania or the US but the stamping says built in Romania with an import stamp from NC below it...how can I tell where it was built?

2).  Reviews I found online are mixed, does anyone have any experience to share?

3).  Price was marked $2500 but is offered to me at $1900 which still seems a bit high but is cheaper that the just imported Century, should I fo?
View Quote
You can buy a brand new one imported by century for 2k. Mine is a kit gun that i really enjoy shooting. Mine with Hornady 150grn ammo or PPU 150grn soft points will shoot 1.5-1.75MOA. So anyone saying they're not accurate is just basing their experience with shitty surplus and maybe not having their scopes locked down? who knows. Get one if you want one especially if have a supply 54R laying around PSL's aren't getting cheaper. Another thing with TG knox receivers is that most had over sized scope rails and most of them needed the dovetails milled down on both sides or filed down on both sides to get scopes to fit properly the idiot that had mine fucked the rail up so a new rail had to be put on mine gun and i haven't had a problem since.
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 9:39:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yes, I stand corrected.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you mean SVD?
Yes, I stand corrected.
SVD's are not much better than PSLs accuracy wise, neither compare to western sniper rifles
Link Posted: 5/15/2019 9:50:11 PM EDT
[#10]
My first one was $600, Century, sold it to TxxxxN.
Bought my s3cond for $750, Cugir.

Sniper/precision, no.  Looks cool, is fun to shoot, yes.

No way I'd ever pay more than $1000 for one, even given today's AK pricing.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 12:10:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They weren't worth the $650 when they first came out let alone $1900! They are a big inaccurate AK and not anywhere close to a PSL in design.
View Quote
So if my PSL is accurate does that mean it's only worth $649?
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 12:30:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
SVD's are not much better than PSLs accuracy wise, neither compare to western sniper rifles
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you mean SVD?
Yes, I stand corrected.
Difference being an SVD is an iconic short-stroke piston design.  While PSL is a stretched out long-stroke AK47 bastardized version, made to try and look like an SVD.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 12:40:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Difference being an SVD is an iconic short-stroke piston design.  While PSL is a stretched out long-stroke AK47 bastardized version, made to try and look like an SVD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Do you mean SVD?
Yes, I stand corrected.
They were built for the same role and look roughly similar to someone with no knowledge of either. The performance is identical.

The Romanian built guns might be worth roughly 1K in good shape with all the accessories...the TGI built guns are not. Nearly 2K is insane.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top