Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2023 3:44:15 PM EDT
I'm sure the question has been asked before but having trouble finding with search.
I'm ok with some scratches and such, but, one place I found stated that there were a lot more issues possible.
anyone have experience with buying the blemished units?
Thanks.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/blem-psak-47-gf5-forged-classic-rifle-redwood-with-10-mags-rifle-bag.html
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 3:51:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve bought several blemished uppers and lowers. Haven’t found anything that I’d consider a blemish. My one ak103 was a blemish builders kit. Again. I found nothing.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 4:34:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MCFC] [#2]
I’ve bought from the Geissele count blemula sale before. Usually right around Halloween. Parts are still fully functional. Honestly couldn’t see anything wrong with them.

Just saw PSA: can’t image you’d run into any problems with these guys either.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 5:00:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up a blem GF3 AK for Christmas.  The only thing I can find is a slightly flat spot on the front sight base.  Took almost an hour to find it and nothing I would have even really considered a blem.  For my money their blems are the best deal going.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 5:27:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Bought a PSA "rock" pistol blem.... never have found what made it a blem.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 5:36:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Sometimes is finish wear or a small defect in finish, I.e.. chip from being dropped, thin anodizing.  Sometimes it’s just a way to sell things at low sale prices so people don’t bitch that it’s priced $100 more when not on sale.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 7:52:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Blem means that there is some cosmetic imperfection.  The part of firearm is fully functional.  I have yet to buy a blem anything that I was actually able to identify the blem.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 11:59:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 2battranger:
I’ve bought several blemished uppers and lowers. Haven’t found anything that I’d consider a blemish. My one ak103 was a blemish builders kit. Again. I found nothing.
View Quote

Same. After a couple uses it will have handling marks anyway.
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 12:40:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:

It is only a cosmetic blemish. Nothing to do with function. Most of the time you won't even be able to see a blemish on it!

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote

Exactly... I have gone over my Rock 5.7 (with 10 mags) looking for the so called blem, under magnification, and have not been able to identify it. Its in better condition out of the box than the Ruger 5.7
Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top