Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2020 7:23:49 PM EDT
So I've got one of these AK-P's on the way and I want to get ahead of it in terms of mounting an optic. I know that Aimpoint T1/2 clones don't use a riser, but how much lower is the rail on an AK than on an AR15?

See, I want to put a TA44 ACOG on it, but I'm not sure which one to look at - the regular TA44, or the "low" one. Anybody seen pics or can take pics of TA44's on top rails, and verify cheek weld/eye box?

Maybe @PalmettoStateArmory already knows the answer to this.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#1]
You want low.  Look at where the iron sight height is.

The difference between the AR15 and AK isn't the rail, it's where the cheek weld on the stock is. In effect, AK rails are actually much higher than an AR flat top receiver rail, even rails right on the top cover like the AKP and AKV (which is as low as it can possibly get with an AK). (FALs have the same issue)

Get that scope as low as you can otherwise you will have a chin weld like the Russians with Eotechs.

Link Posted: 5/7/2020 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Low. Anything higher your cheek well will be fucked up
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome, thanks guys.
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top