Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2021 1:11:01 PM EDT
I recently purchased a PSA AK 103 with a side folding stock, and I had a question. Is it normal when you push in the stock release button, on the butt stock end plate, that the trap door for the cleaning kit moves with it? I will assume this is normal, but I just wanted to verify with someone who was more knowledgeable. Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#1]
yes, normal.

ETA: And welcome to the site!
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 4:14:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, thank you.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Correct -  this is not a PSA thing, its the original russian design for whatever reason. Probably just efficiency (2 birds . .. ).
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Correct -  this is not a PSA thing, its the original russian design for whatever reason. Probably just efficiency (2 birds . .. ).
View Quote

Is it?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 7:17:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Is it?
View Quote
is it what? 2 birds or efficient or a Russian thing?

The button to unlatch the stock from the folded position cause the latch to move. I've never disassembled a poly folder, but I'd think they either share space, or a spring.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 11:05:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Is it?
View Quote

My Russian and Bulgy poly folders do it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 3:59:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The button to unlatch the stock from the folded position cause the latch to move. I've never disassembled a poly folder, but I'd think they either share space, or a spring.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Is it the "original russian design" was my question.

Quoted:

My Russian and Bulgy poly folders do it.

Guy made the claim the stocks were the same as the original russian design. I would be interested to know if that was true as I don't own a PSA AK yet.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Ah, sorry, i had no idea what we asking about.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 4:48:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ah, sorry, i had no idea what we asking about.
View Quote

No worries, I am genuinely curious here. I saw on a video that the folding stock trunnion was different (at least the push button on some of them) from the standard design, and I am wondering if the rest of the stock is the same. I'm not hugely invested in authenticity for something like this, so it doesnt matter either way... just would be interesting to know.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 4:54:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Well zen replaced the internals I think with standard Russian ones with his 1st PSA and they worked.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 5:18:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well zen replaced the internals I think with standard Russian ones with his 1st PSA and they worked.
View Quote

That guys always putting out high effort posts that I enjoy reading. It  would be interesting to see the differences between both products.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:04:42 AM EDT
[#12]
the biggest difference that one can see is the push button on the side of the receiver. The PSA on is black, and flat on top. The Russian is gray parked and has a hole drilled through it. The other outside difference is the rear site between PSA and a Russian. Again, PSA is black, and Russians are gray.

I'm sure there are other differences, but those 2 are the most visible as far as I can recall.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:36:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top