Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2022 10:43:46 AM EDT
I want to buy a PSA AK 104/105 pistol with the intention of SBR’ing, but have heard enough bad about the pistols in the past year. Have they got these issues sorted out, because KUSA looks to be having to many issues now too and it making me not want to buy their current model over a PSA.

Anyone have recent luck out of these offerings?
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have had ZERO issues with my 104.  It eats everything I feed it.  It is accurate.  I have the model with the PSA nitride barrel, but they also have a 104 GF4 (PSA in house CHF barrel) and now a 104 GF5 (FN CHF barrel).  

All the PSA mags I have lock in solid.  a few of my magpul mags have had to be filed to fit, along with the single metal mag I have.  The folding stock (also a PSA) locks up tight, no wobble.  Swings easily and locks to the receiver.

https://global.discourse-cdn.com/palmettostatearmory/original/3X/b/4/b40d6bdc9327d60d1c2c00c0bf1fd35001d4b534.jpeg

View Quote

I had zero reliability issues with my PSA 74 with folder 2 years ago, but I had huge issues with QC and even after reaching out to Josiah here I couldn’t get the part to fix it. I ended up having to buy it ( not a lot but still shouldn’t have to be that way….) and the lack of PSA never emailing me back left me with a seriously bad taste in my mouth.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 11:09:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 5:28:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 6:23:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

PM Sent. I usually don't miss any PM's.

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote

Not a big deal, this happened a few years ago.

PM replied to.
Link Posted: 11/14/2022 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Have a PSA 105 in plum. Love it. Maybe my favorite weapon.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 4:32:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I own the PSA 105, had some initial problems that got sorted by PSA. IMHO,  the PSA railed dust cover design is flawed. The single screw holding it together will not stay locked down for me, and always allows the slightest amount of movement.

Otherwise, I love the 105 form factor, and 5.45. And PSA brought it to the masses, so big props to them. Just redesign that top cover and it's perfect.
Link Posted: 12/4/2022 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#8]
My 104 has been flawless.  I even SBRd it.

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top