Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2019 12:54:51 PM EDT
I have a PKS 07 with the elliptical range finding and dot reticle mounted on a VEPR 7.62x54r 16 inch rifle that I got in a trade.
I have been unable to find any info on how it operates or how to use the elliptical as a range finder.

Does any one know where to find info or how to use it?
I read someplace that a human torso will fit in the outside edges of the elliptical but it was never confirmed or explained.

Link Posted: 6/11/2020 12:42:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I got one of these about 10 years ago and haven't been able to find much at all about it.  I suspect these were not widely available, so there isn't much info is online.  I need to do a search again.  But I have suspected the oval is a range finding tool that the width is one range and height another.  Again, just a guess.

I bought my scope and it showed up with a 'broken' reticle.  The seller was no help and told me to file a claim with the shipper.  I did and got a full refund, plus I got to keep the scope.  Something inside got messed up as the reticle is just a blur except for at a very narrow viewing angle.  If you tilt it 1/2 degree in any direction it disappears.  I'm pretty sure they ship it that way as it was packed decently (bubble wrap inside box) and I can't imagine shipping would damage it.  So it basically sits in my garage as I don't know who would fix it and don't really have a true need for it.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top