Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2017 12:00:19 AM EDT
I am looking for an optic mount but when I look at photos of people using the mounts, the bracket riveted onto the AK looks different then what I have.  School me on what I need to know on this stuff. Are their different versions of mounts?  will they all work on mine regardlesS?   Here's a pic.  Thanks in advance

Link Posted: 11/15/2017 10:00:23 AM EDT
[#1]
day crew bump
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Nobody knows?
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 11:17:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The rail is an AKM pattern. The others you're seeing are probably AK-74 pattern and/or AK-100 type. There's also RPK pattern rails, SVD pattern rails, etc. The biggest difference is the rivet hole pattern as it relates to the various receiver patterns. For the most part, mounts are interchangeable for the rails except for the various heights when comparing SVD to AK pattern rails.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 9:27:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The rail is an AKM pattern. The others you're seeing are probably AK-74 pattern and/or AK-100 type. There's also RPK pattern rails, SVD pattern rails, etc. The biggest difference is the rivet hole pattern as it relates to the various receiver patterns. For the most part, mounts are interchangeable for the rails except for the various heights when comparing SVD to AK pattern rails.
View Quote
Thank you for the reply.  

This is what I normally see being used with the optic mounts.  SO a mount that works on this type should work on my type? (pic is ak47)

Link Posted: 11/16/2017 12:44:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thank you for the reply.  

This is what I normally see being used with the optic mounts.  SO a mount that works on this type should work on my type? (pic is ak47)

http://14544-presscdn-0-64.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/DDI_AK47F04.jpg
View Quote
That's an AK-74 pattern rail. Yes, a mount that works on that rail should work on yours.
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top