BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/10/2016 7:49:30 PM EDT
Looks like a fun little 9mm blowback pistol, built on an AK platform.  

Link Posted: 11/10/2016 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Dang it...
Thread that barrel a common size, for a suppressor.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Where are these?  I've seen these mentioned before but no signs of them for sale.

The Glock Mag one seems interesting.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 10:19:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Where are these?  I've seen these mentioned before but no signs of them for sale.

The Glock Mag one seems interesting.
View Quote

Gunbroker.  

Link Posted: 11/24/2016 10:55:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Nobody here has one ?  I am torn between a glock mag AR build and possibly this.

It appears the PAK is only available with Beretta 92 mags and you buy the adapter for glock mags
Link Posted: 11/25/2016 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I might get one if they import some more.

I have a Beretta CX4 with several Beretta 92 magazines, 20rd and 30rds mags. So this would be a natural fit in my collection, since I have a WASR 10/63 and a WASR 22.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I've owned a couple of their products and all have left a lot to be desired.

Never know though, maybe this will be "the one".
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#7]
It's hideous.
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 6:57:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

"They" did not make this. It is make in a Romanian arms factory, not the USA.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I handled one of these at a gunshow.

Price was $600.  Trigger was good enough that I would not feel it needs improvement.  There was a flush back plate on the rear of the receiver that was either welded or riveted on. If you wanted to put a brace on this one, it looks like it would require a bit of work.  

Supposedly the magwell can be changed out for $30 or so to use Glock mags.

At $600 I don't think I would jump on this, but at $500 I might.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 12:28:41 PM EDT
[#10]
That's interesting. If nothing else, it's good to see companies pushing in numerous directions.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like it has a sling swivel on the rear. If its similar to the swivel that came on my c39 us machinegun makes a stock adaptor that utilizes the swivel hole for mounting.

I agree though... for 600 its kinda meh, for 450 or maybe even 500 I might give it a shot.

I had one of their .22 1911 knock offs for a short time, it ran well but was all pot metal. It would be fine for a plinker but I tend to run my .22's pretty hard so I traded it off.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Looks like it has a sling swivel on the rear. If its similar to the swivel that came on my c39 us machinegun makes a stock adaptor that utilizes the swivel hole for mounting.

I agree though... for 600 its kinda meh, for 450 or maybe even 500 I might give it a shot.

I had one of their .22 1911 knock offs for a short time, it ran well but was all pot metal. It would be fine for a plinker but I tend to run my .22's pretty hard so I traded it off.
View Quote

This is Chiappa importing a Romanian AK, it isn't one that they built.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#13]
$489 at Atlantic.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-pistols/chiappa-ak-9-pistol-detail.html?Itemid=0
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#15]
How is the reliability with the Glock Mag Adapter?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 1:25:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's been my experience with watching others buy Chiappa AR .22 uppers. I like the idea of their M1 replica that takes 92 mags but most reviews are more bad than good. I hope I'm wrong but I can't plunk down that much to find out. If it's really Romanian made, that's a big plus in terms of build quality. But anything that's not a standard AKM could have it's flaws. At under $500 I think Atlantic will at least move enough we'll hear about them soon...
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ok that is cool. I could see a real SBR version of this, minus the icky hand guards
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:42:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:42:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:39:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 9:53:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Any ARFcommer got a hold of these yet? There's a few on youtube but without the glock mag adapter.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 4:48:08 PM EDT
[#23]
That looks neat! $489 is a fair price IMO; I'm interested to know how they hold up. One of those with a brace looks like the ultimate truck gun or PDW.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:14:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Ordered mine from atlantic  hopefully be here next week.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I would look much better with a curved MP5 mag and new hand guard !!
View Quote

Can you please offer threading as an option?  I'm tempted and having it arrive ready to suppress would lower the hurdle.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:56:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ok that is cool. I could see a real SBR version of this, minus the icky hand guards
View Quote

The handguards hold the mag well in place (or are an integral part of the magwell) so I don't know if they are readily replaceable
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Pretty good review on pak9 PAK9
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Gotta admit I'm liking this more as I read more.

Would be curious to know if this thing would run the Korean drum mags reliably. It should, but I thought the same about my PSA glock AR lower but so far everything I read says the drums don't work in a PSA lower.

Anyone know if the top rail for optics is hinged in the front like a Dogleg or is it just part of the cover? If that's a reliable mount point that may seal the deal...
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:10:16 PM EDT
[#29]
For the Chiapas's, foes anyone know if you have to cut off the sling swivel to mount a stabilizer brace?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#30]
I just  pulled the sling mount out with pliers.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:13:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Any updates on this?

Curious is anyone has any real world experience.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 8:44:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Any updates on this?

Curious is anyone has any real world experience.
View Quote
There's a thread in the main AK discussion. I've used one and I was very pleasantly impressed.
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 10:53:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Problem is that the mag well is integral with the hand guard and the regular mag release holds the back end of the handguard in place.  At least that is what I read in the review...
Youtube review
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:47:38 PM EDT
[#34]
I already made a separate mag well for mine, so I can use curved steel magazines.  I'm working on new hand guards and a folding metal triangular stock setup now.  I'll show some pics when I have it all done.

Tony
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 11:08:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I already made a separate mag well for mine, so I can use curved steel magazines.  I'm working on new hand guards and a folding metal triangular stock setup now.  I'll show some pics when I have it all done.

Tony
View Quote
@TonyRumore

Any updates?  This sounds VERY interesting.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#36]
We're building two different versions.  One is a SWAT type setup with a Galil type look and the other is an old-school Krink type.
Due to competitors ripping off everything we build, I won't be posting any pics until we have all the parts on the shelf ready to go.

Tony
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
We're building two different versions.  One is a SWAT type setup with a Galil type look and the other is an old-school Krink type.
Due to competitors ripping off everything we build, I won't be posting any pics until we have all the parts on the shelf ready to go.

Tony
View Quote
Sweet. I was going to pick one of these up to do my own AKSU-esque build, but I may just wait to see what you guys roll out.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Tony
View Quote
Mr Rumore, sounds quite awesome!

Can you answer some questions for me about the barrel?
Can it be readily threaded 1/2x28 or will it need to be removed and turned to a odd thread and use a adapter?

will they be importing any with a threaded barrel? If anyone is in the "know" about this you are
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
" target="_blank">
View Quote
What the heck are those metal things sticking out of his ear?  hearing protection?  radio? 
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 11:17:13 PM EDT
[#40]
That looks pretty cool. How about an AR style in 22 Rim Fire?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 2:09:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Mr Rumore, sounds quite awesome!

Can you answer some questions for me about the barrel?
Can it be readily threaded 1/2x28 or will it need to be removed and turned to a odd thread and use a adapter?

will they be importing any with a threaded barrel? If anyone is in the "know" about this you are
View Quote
The barrel is .543" at the muzzle, which could be threaded as-is using a 14mm die equipped with an internal bore guide.  However, I'm not real confident that would leave the threads concentric enough to the bore to work with a suppressor.  There also wouldn't be much shoulder to square the suppressor up against.  A better approach would be to remove the barrel, turn it down, and thread it 1/2-28, or simply replace the barrel.

Tony
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:21:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Needs the barrel threaded and a different mag. The Glock version is kinda ok, but to REALLY make it good it needs to either use HK mags or preferably uzi mags. Uzi mags are solid and reliable, AND affordable. Not to mention can be used in multiple types of guns. Uzi, 9mm AR, Mac 10/9mm.

Also looks like the rear trunion is a yugo piece. Should be an easy swap to regular yugo and a folding Magpul stock.
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

The barrel is .543" at the muzzle, which could be threaded as-is using a 14mm die equipped with an internal bore guide.  However, I'm not real confident that would leave the threads concentric enough to the bore to work with a suppressor.  There also wouldn't be much shoulder to square the suppressor up against.  A better approach would be to remove the barrel, turn it down, and thread it 1/2-28, or simply replace the barrel.

Tony
View Quote
Thank you sir, I will wait until they have a threaded model or what not.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 11:08:23 PM EDT
[#44]
I've got one on order from Buds, can't wait to test it at the range.  I have ordered a Beretta 92 30 round mag (a clone) to test and also a Glock magwell adapter from Chiappa.  My only Glock is a G3 M23, so I'm good with either Beretta mags, or Glock since I don't have an investment in mags.  If I like it at the range, I'll probably order an adapter for a Shockwave Blade
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 1:03:57 PM EDT
[#45]
My LGS got one in for me a couple weeks ago for $438 out the door. I was impatient and bought a Glock mag adapter off Gunbroker and overpaid for it but at least I have one now.

I took the sling mount off and put a Sig Brace on it. I had to do a tiny bit of modding to the stock grip but any AK grip will work. I have only put a few hundred rounds through it but so far has been flawless and it has made all who tried it giggle with delight. My brother ordered one right away.

I plan to buy one of the new style braces and a red dot and it will be a constant companion in the truck.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 11:54:08 PM EDT
[#46]
I ran 100 rounds through the pak9 yesterday.  I had zero problems with the two 10 round mags included with the pistol, but a 92fs 30 round funstick (a clone from Classic Firearms) had continuous feed errors, back into the range bag after 10!  I have a stock Beretta 30 rounder on order, so we'll see. With a Bushnell red-dot I was able to keep most of my shots in a six-inch group from 15 and 25 yards. It was a fun range session, but I'll be happy to have a shockwave on this gun, it's heavy!

@kanur:  How did you remove the rear sling loop?
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#47]
I used a real thin 10mm wrench out of a motorcycle tool kit and just unscrewed it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 12:29:51 PM EDT
[#48]
$425 from sapoutfitters.com
StormWerkz has a stock/brace adapter coming out that uses the factory swivel hole, nothing to clamp between the grip and receiver.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 11:05:42 AM EDT
[#49]
my theory is you could run cz75 mags in this, and then have the real ultimate "rifle"/pistol combo, not that tupperware crap...

i agree foregrip lame, these will be awesome guys, buy em up so we can get more and better versions!

woudl the tech sigths work on this?

also, who has suppressed one, or someone who has one could you measure barrel protrusion so we could see if we have enough material to thread 1/2-28?  thanks!
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Between Tony at Tromix, Manticore and StormWerkz I think there is going to be a few nice combinations of parts available to spruce these up.
Looking forward to getting a fore end and mag conversion from Tromix and or Manticore.
I should have pics of the StormWerkz adapter by Nov 10.
-Josh
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top