Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2022 11:37:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglelight1]
I hate to ask this cause I'm sure I'll be embarrassed once I get the answer but I couldn't find any reference to this in the user manual, online or any youtube vids so far.  I've had guns over 50 years but totally new to AK-47's .   The safety lever has 3 positions (2 indents plus full up which is Safe) and 3 letters.  One is marked 'S' which is 'Safe'.  One is marked 'F' which is 'Fire' but what is the one marked 'A' ?  
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 12:18:22 AM EDT
[#1]
If I'm not mistaken, it's representative of the Russian words for "safe", "auto" and "semi".  Marked that way like the true military versions, in the order that a full auto AK selector switch would work.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 12:38:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eaglelight1] [#2]
Thanks for the ideas on that.   I did wonder if that was some reference to 'Auto' but of course I knew it couldn't be full auto fire.  It will fire in that position so maybe just a bit of nostalgia to make it look  like the original versions.   Pretty much what you said...
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 1:56:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Correct.
Makes it look cooler, but even in A, will only be semi.  Like having safe/semi/auto on an AR with three position selector, still only semi.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 2:28:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the confirmation.  
Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top