Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2020 9:59:05 PM EDT
Hey guys, I’m a n AK noob.  I have a PSAK and would like to get a side mounted optics rail for a red dot and maybe a magnifier.  I know Midwest makes one but can u guy recommend some others?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 1:48:46 AM EDT
[#1]
RS Regulate
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:36:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I like RS Regulate the best for optic specific mounts. If you just want a good bit of rail space then take a look at the Arsenal SM-13.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 7:44:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I looked for the RS Regulate for weeks and didn't find one in stock anywhere,  settled on an AK Master mount from Rob Skis site. Locks up solid and is nicely centered on my PSAK GB2. I'm pleased with it so far.  Mounted a Primary arms glx 2x that I caught in stock. Zeroed the other day. Nice optic.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 12:57:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I have PSAK 103, and also purchased the GLx 2x.  Still looking for a mount.
I’m assuming you have the short version of the master mounts? They also make a full version which allows you to adjust the scope forward or aft (8oz vs 11oz).  have you found that your master mount sits too far back?  Looks like with that set up, the optic extends past the dust cover, and I’m wondering if it’s too far back.  If it does I may want more rail.

As for mounts, I think I would only consider the RS or master.  I don’t think midwest is for me.  It looks like it can only be mounted a certain way on the rail, and does not have the acog type mount option, is that right?
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 5:52:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought the full length Master mount, although I mounted the PA prism scope on it now, I may try a red dot later, and like it further forward.
I just thought it was more versatile.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top