Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2018 2:47:49 PM EDT
Ok so i just picked me up a SLR 107. And im wanting to put put my Trijicon MRO on it.
Id like to keep everything pretty much snag free and was wondering if i will have any heat problems or problems holding zero with a Ultimak gas tube or if theres a better railed gas tube out there let me know. And if will have heat issues should i just use a RS Regulate and call it a day?
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 3:22:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Texas dog leg scope rail
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 4:08:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Ok so i just picked me up a SLR 107. And im wanting to put put my Trijicon MRO on it.
Id like to keep everything pretty much snag free and was wondering if i will have any heat problems or problems holding zero with a Ultimak gas tube or if theres a better railed gas tube out there let me know. And if will have heat issues should i just use a RS Regulate and call it a day?
View Quote
go with a side rail Mount, it doesn't affect the balance of the gun and you can easily cowitness and detach/reattach without losing zero. also no problem with overheating
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Texas dog leg scope rail
View Quote
not very Sturdy design..even if special forces sometimes use it, a drop can easily change your zero. not the best option for accuracy, too. oh, it is also very espansive.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#4]
RS Regulate and be done. Buy once, cry once
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 4:49:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Money isnt an issue lol, i just want the most rock solid and durable and reapeatable option.
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 5:02:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Money isnt an issue lol, i just want the most rock solid and durable and reapeatable option.
View Quote
then go with RS regulate or with a optic/mount soviet combo: i use a pk series red dot and it is great, i even stopped the rifle from 3 feet right on the scope during a 3 gun match and the zero wasn't affected
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an Ultimak railed gas tube that CLAMPS ONTO the barrel, in addition to being held in place by the latch on the front trunnion. Very sturdy. PA red dot on a QD mount. It has been removed and re attached several times over the last few years for cleaning and has always returned to zero as well as anything else ever does. It works to make a sorta "scout" configuration that I really like shooting. Additionally, the sight has not shown any damage from heat. Very simple solution, that for me works very well.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Great quality, easily removed.
Link Posted: 8/23/2018 9:05:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Then RS is what you seek

Use the AK mount as it was designed. It works

Nothing wrong with the ultimak either but it's got some limitations compared to the side mount. I'm not aware of too many people running the MRO on the ultimak so there is less info on how well it holds up to heat compared to Aimpoints
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 1:36:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Then RS is what you seek

Use the AK mount as it was designed. It works

Nothing wrong with the ultimak either but it's got some limitations compared to the side mount. I'm not aware of too many people running the MRO on the ultimak so there is less info on how well it holds up to heat compared to Aimpoints
View Quote
Is the return to zero good on the RS? And can it take a pretty good ass kicking?
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 12:02:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Why not a Midwest Industries gen2 side mount?  I have several of their gen1 side mounts and have been very happy with them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 12:09:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Is the return to zero good on the RS? And can it take a pretty good ass kicking?
View Quote
Yes and yes

It's the best US made mount hands down and IMO almost as good as the best of the best, the Russian NPZ mount
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#13]
If money is no issue, I also vote for the RS Regulate system. It's got a minimal profile and will co-witness with your backup sights. Check out the AK Operator's Union review video on them if you get a chance.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 8:14:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why not a Midwest Industries gen2 side mount?  I have several of their gen1 side mounts and have been very happy with them.
View Quote
I've got 2 Midwest Industries side mounts, a Gen 2 Yugo type for my NPAP and a Gen 1 for my SAM7R.

They've proven to be excellent mounts, solid, easy to install and remove, and have each held absolutely perfect zero for thousands of rounds after being removed and replaced countless times for cleaning the rifles.

I'm expecting delivery of a MI Gen 1 mount later today, which will be installed on an FM-AK47-21 Molot Vepr.

The MI mounts are terrific mounts and I certainly don't mind spending money.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 12:38:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
This...
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 3:41:25 AM EDT
[#16]
I had an Ultimak rail and Aimpoint Micro and didn't like the gun being front heavy.

Can anyone chime in on setup for good balance with the RS Regulate mount and Trijicon MRO? Best to go with the full length, front, or rear biased mount?
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I had an Ultimak rail and Aimpoint Micro and didn't like the gun being front heavy.

Can anyone chime in on setup for good balance with the RS Regulate mount and Trijicon MRO? Best to go with the full length, front, or rear biased mount?
View Quote
I cant imagine it seriously affecting balance, its more a question of how far you like to have your optic from your eye. Seeing as you dont know for sure, Id get the full length and cover your bases that way
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top