Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2021 4:39:08 PM EDT
Picked one up locally to try in my ATI SAR pistol, fits tight, no wobble at all. Hopefully a range trip at some point soon to try it out

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:39:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Who is the maker?
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 11:47:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who is the maker?
View Quote

IWI is bringing in the new ones.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:19:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who is the maker?

That is great they are bringing in more. There are quite a few Galil kits out there. I bought 10 mags shortly after I bought my kit because APEX had a sale.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 3:16:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Is that SBR or a pistol brace? It looks like a standard Galil rear folding stock.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I got six of them from IWI.  Steel body, small IWI stamp on the side. Green follower, different from my older surplus mags.

They lock into my InRange kit built ARM on a Tortort receiver without issue.  No shooting function test yet but they seem nice.

ETA - To test below, I loaded up a handful of Magpul dummy rounds in one and it hand-cycled them okay.  Maybe a CYA statement from IWI to head off if they don't work in non-ACE guns.  Given the utter variation in quality in the Galil clone world, it's a smart move.  They say they work in their ACE 21, then they don't have to deal with every unhappy dude rocking an ATI, Century, or ORF kit build with known dimensional issues.  The ACE series is basically a Micro Galil receiver with window dressing, so I can't imagine they'd change it that much but who knows, wouldn't be the strangest thing anyone has done.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 9:31:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Just an FYI on the new production IWI Galil rock and lock mags are for the ACE. They are slightly dimensionally different at the front end and IWI said they will not work in the legacy IMI factory preban  Galil’s.
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 8:08:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just an FYI on the new production IWI Galil rock and lock mags are for the ACE. They are slightly dimensionally different at the front end and IWI said they will not work in the legacy IMI factory preban  Galil’s.
View Quote

That is annoying but not surprising.  Thank you for posting.  Seems like there are plenty of surplus floating around at the moment but they will dry up soon enough...
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is that SBR or a pistol brace? It looks like a standard Galil rear folding stock.
View Quote

It’s the cnc / bonesteel brace on a OG knuckle
Link Posted: 9/27/2021 3:27:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought about buying one of the new ACE mags just to try out in my Legacy Galil ARM.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top