Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2018 8:20:39 PM EDT
The new Romanian PSLs are starting to show up at distributors. Will be interesting to see what the street price is on these. I'm assuming they won't be the "$800" value of old. Still, great news. Century Arms is the importer.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 11:52:14 AM EDT
[#1]
They're $1,999. Copes sold out of them within the hour of being posted.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 2:35:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I see a few on gunbroker. The into price of $1,999 is way too high.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 8:40:59 PM EDT
[#3]
When did PSL's get so crazy expensive? I remember them sitting on the wall at my local shop for months at $650.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 8:48:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Really should have built one when parts kits with optic were under $500.  I used to want one so bad, but back then I was younger and poorer and had a hard time justifying the cost.

Now they're $2000 and I could afford it but can't justify the cost.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:58:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Yea not worth $2000.00 price tag..

Ill pass..
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 1:18:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Part of the price increase is because they include a NIB Russian optic.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Just picked one up, looks to be an early import (70s marked trunnion with matching barrel year stamp) with the TIP2 scope and a 10rd mag.

Paid $1600, figure they will only go up and that seems slightly below market, so I'm happy.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#8]
This absolutely kills me. I'd give a nut to find one at a practical price ($1k or under) with a romanian scope, but we all know those days are long gone.

I still hope I find some old time who has one stashed away not concerned with the ridiculous inflated market price of these things currently and sells it for a deal.

Been one of my favorite rifles since I was a teenager.

Always thought about using it for a whitetail rifle as well. How bad ass would it be to have a picture with a nice 8 point holding a PSL over it....

A guy can dream.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 11:36:22 PM EDT
[#9]
The reason for the price is the Romanians are selling every rifle they can find and produce to “military contracts abroad”.  PSLs are still being actively fielded.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 2:32:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Joguwa86:
When did PSL's get so crazy expensive? I remember them sitting on the wall at my local shop for months at $650.
View Quote
And I remember Russian SKS's being $79 and Mosins costing $49 for any type.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 11:16:46 AM EDT
[#11]
You aren't missing out. I've had 3 Cugirs and 2 TGI kit guns. I wanted to love them, but they just aren't very good at anything. Uncomfortable harsh shooters with AK type accuracy that use crap combloc optics. I was happy to dump mine for a couple hundred more than I paid for them. Don't look at them as cheap NDM's, because they're not in the same league, not even the same sport. The TGI kit guns, in my limited experience, were exceptional pieces of shit and should be avoided. PSL for $1500 is completely overpriced for what it delivers. At $700 it was easier to excuse the crude machining and 3-5 MOA accuracy. If you're looking for a wall hangar, they can look good from 5 feet. There are so many better shooting options; 308 VEPR is such an upgrade in shooting experience that it baffles me as to why anyone would buy a PSL. Good old supply and demand.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 4:30:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I got talked into buying one years ago buy my LGD, tried it seemed forever to find a replacement stock set to replace the garbage that was on it. It sat at the back of
the safe until 2016 and I finally got a set of Rhineland on it and shitcanned the horrible scope for a Kalashnaoptics mount and new scope, it also wears a bipod as well.
I can't believe how far up and away the brass gets thrown, accuracy is nominal.
Link Posted: 6/12/2019 8:49:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Bronco_Buster:
You aren't missing out. I've had 3 Cugirs and 2 TGI kit guns. I wanted to love them, but they just aren't very good at anything. Uncomfortable harsh shooters with AK type accuracy that use crap combloc optics. I was happy to dump mine for a couple hundred more than I paid for them. Don't look at them as cheap NDM's, because they're not in the same league, not even the same sport. The TGI kit guns, in my limited experience, were exceptional pieces of shit and should be avoided. PSL for $1500 is completely overpriced for what it delivers. At $700 it was easier to excuse the crude machining and 3-5 MOA accuracy. If you're looking for a wall hangar, they can look good from 5 feet. There are so many better shooting options; 308 VEPR is such an upgrade in shooting experience that it baffles me as to why anyone would buy a PSL. Good old supply and demand.
View Quote
Accuracy is largely ammo dependent. Sniper or match grade light ball ammo can be a bit difficult to find. I find them soft shooting as well as every bit of a match to any rack grade M1A or AR in .308. The ergonomics aren't bad with a simple cheek piece and grenade launcher butt pad.

Compared to everything else I have it's a bit long to transport in a backpack so mine will be getting a folding stock and a shorter muzzle device. I've already shortened the barrel to 21."

Internally, my gun looks rough...but the thing shoots pretty damn well. As always, YMMV.
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:00:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/13/2019 10:32:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By campower:
This absolutely kills me. I'd give a nut to find one at a practical price ($1k or under) with a romanian scope, but we all know those days are long gone.

I still hope I find some old time who has one stashed away not concerned with the ridiculous inflated market price of these things currently and sells it for a deal.

Been one of my favorite rifles since I was a teenager.

Always thought about using it for a whitetail rifle as well. How bad ass would it be to have a picture with a nice 8 point holding a PSL over it....

A guy can dream.
View Quote
I believe my buddy has taken deer with a PSL, I know he's hunted with it. He got his about 8-10 years ago, paid $650 new.  It's a cool gun for sure but the accuracy was garbage, like a group around 3" was the best I ever saw him get and he's a pretty good shot. I'm sure ammo is a factor there but there's not exactly a huge selection to choose from.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 5:25:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By ryandushku:
I believe my buddy has taken deer with a PSL, I know he's hunted with it. He got his about 8-10 years ago, paid $650 new.  It's a cool gun for sure but the accuracy was garbage, like a group around 3" was the best I ever saw him get and he's a pretty good shot. I'm sure ammo is a factor there but there's not exactly a huge selection to choose from.
View Quote
That's relatively typical with ball ammo.

Sniper, match grade, or even quality ball ammo nets better results. Accuracy typically falls off as the barrel heats up as well.
Link Posted: 6/27/2019 6:29:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Zastava USA posted this on IG yesterday.

Attachment Attached File

They are starting to import there own guns now from what I understand.

Link to IG post.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 7:20:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:
Zastava USA posted this on IG yesterday.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/424008/E430BB99-FE03-4D88-A953-97D165EB9AF4_png-995185.JPG
They are starting to import there own guns now from what I understand.

Link to IG post.
View Quote
Awesome, untill the comment about it being $4000.
Hopefully it doesn't cost that much and they sell alot.
Always have liked Zastava's guns and I hope they bring in alot of different models.
Link Posted: 6/28/2019 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MDStroup:

Awesome, untill the comment about it being $4000.
Hopefully it doesn't cost that much and they sell alot.
Always have liked Zastava's guns and I hope they bring in alot of different models.
View Quote
Didn’t see the 4K part. That sucks.
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 4:40:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/28/2019 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By ATLANTIC-FIREARMS:
The current batch of Romanian PSL Rifles are very nice but unfortunately the price is not . Surprisingly we have shipped quite a few of them out to clients and thus far no negative feedback .

https://atlantic-firearms-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/media/sylius_shop_product_original/product/romanian-psl-54-rifle-century-arms-ri3324n-17.jpg
View Quote
You guys need to get some the paratroopers in with the 16" barrels. Those sell pretty quick.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 12:32:03 AM EDT
[#23]
I wonder if the influx of new PSL's will also bring in some more magazines.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ATLANTIC-FIREARMS:
The Zastava M91 Sniper rifle is a mucch nicer rifle than the Romanian PSL 54 but still not inexpensive .The Zastava Arms M91 price is $3.149.00/

https://atlantic-firearms-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/media/sylius_shop_product_original/product/zastava-arms-m91-rifle-14.jpg
View Quote
Damn that's getting close to used SR25 prices.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top