[#1]
I am deeply, deeply skeptical.

But tag for first-hand experiences.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I just asked about this today in GD. I was grabbing a MCK from them anyway so I said screw it and added 2 to the cart. I'll report back later with side by side pics to real deal ones and go from there.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#4]
They came in today.

And the short version for the tldr crowd is if you have a good supply of real mags don't bother. If you only have a few and don't want to put wear and tear on $100+ replacement mags maybe grab a few for range use only.

I'll put up some pics later I have a bunch of things going on today.

I will state right of the bat they are much thicker than the real mags, and you also have to actually slam the magazine in to the rifle to seat it.

I may do a bit of file work on the lug, but I want to do some measuring first.

I didn't get any double feeds , but I did get a few fail to feed with the casing sticking up just right on the feed lip. I think the rear lug geometry is off just a touch to my rifle. For the record this rifle has never failed to feed before for me, so it is definitely the magazine that is the issue.

I only put 50 rounds thru the one magazine and still have the other new in the baggy so I could compare any wear between the two.

So to sum up as a range mag if you only have one or two mags you might want a few.
If you got a psl in the hay day and socked away a few dozen loaded 4 cell pouches , don't waste your time or effort with these.

Link Posted: 11/7/2020 11:54:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Purchased a pair of the new polymer PSL mags to sample. $30/ea. I was skeptical.

They are available at a few different places: https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p...-polymer-10rd-with-steel-reinforced-feed-lips

Initial insert on both of them was VERY tight and I practically needed a mallet to pound it out of the receiver with one hand while holding the mag release with the other. After that they fit beautifully. BETTER, in fact, than the random unmatched steel PSL mags I have. Are they combat worthy? Will they still fit, loosen up or misshape after a 100, a 1,000 in/outs? Dunno. I'll keep an eye on it. But I now actually prefer these - FWIW.

How long have these been out on the market? Be interested to hear any reports of their fit wearing out.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top