BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2020 8:43:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 10:16:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve got the type 4. Some people don’t want to drill the trunnion but I’m going to put a BoneSteel brace on mine anyhow, so I would still have had to drill the rear trunnion.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 1:13:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I would personally choose the pig nose buffer adapter and separate folding hinge (if you want folding) so that you can switch to other style stocks easily on the same hinge.

If you don't want folder, and just want ar tube and never plan to use any of the two hole options, then the type 4 would work.

Edit: oops, the pig nose is Ace, not SW.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 6:46:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Some people buy the under the pistol grip brace (SB47) like I have listed and use as is or remove the tube and put on the brace of choice. That way there is no drilling of the trunnion.

It is really what you decide you want. I drilled for the folder for my M92 SBR. Dang hard metal.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#4]
The Type 4 only requires one drilled hole, drilling that Draco can be a challenge. I used the railed adapter, one hole and done.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:38:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I did the type 2 with picatinny adapter and sig pcb arm brace.  Went through about 8 drill bits. The trunion is thick and hard.  If you are gonna drill, pm me. I’ll tell you what kind of bits word for me.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:56:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I did the universal adapter and tapped the backplate. I’ve been happy with it. I don’t remember the type 4 being an option back then.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:46:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to threadjack but does anyone know what the angle is on the draco universal adapter gives? Most adapters make the stock have a high cheek weld and I haate that. I was thinking of going with the pap universal adapter because its angled and you can put it upside down so you have a slant to your stock, the way an AK is intended to use iron sights.

Anybody have either one to show me the slant angle?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 8:45:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sorry to threadjack but does anyone know what the angle is on the draco universal adapter gives? Most adapters make the stock have a high cheek weld and I haate that. I was thinking of going with the pap universal adapter because its angled and you can put it upside down so you have a slant to your stock, the way an AK is intended to use iron sights.

Anybody have either one to show me the slant angle?  

Thanks
View Quote

If you want a fixed brace but a 2 degree drop , use the stormwerkz type 4 ak pistol stock/brace adapter
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top