Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2022 3:40:35 PM EDT
Any of you with the non-puzzle piece rear trunion have vertical stock wobble?

I have a Gen 2 with the puzzle piece rear tang and it is rock solid with the PSA polymer stock.

With the new rear tunnion on my GF3 AK103 there is vertical stock wobble on at least 3 stocks I have tried.  The rear portion with the tang has very slight wobble when inserted into the riveted part of the trunion.  That very minor wobble ends up being 3 to 4 millimeters of wobble at the buttplate.  I have tried 3 stocks and no matter how tight they fit, they all wobble.

I even tried a Magpul folding stock and it fits like crap.  It leaves a gap at the top of the receiver where the stock pulls away from the receiver.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 10:01:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 1:04:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Stormwerkz insert that eliminates the tang and a bolt on triangle stock inbound.  Going to see if eliminating the tang piece stops the issue.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#3]
So I solved the issue.  My PSA stock had light milling on the bottom of the part that inserts into the receiver.  My assumption is that makes for easier insertion due to the smoothed out flashing but allows vertical wobble with the PSA two-piece tang.

I still have the Stormwerkz insert inbound but I had an Arsenal brand stock that appears almost identical to the PSA except no milling on the bottom.

The Arsenal stock inserted rock solid even without the tang.  It is installed now and the only visible difference in the PSA and Arsenal stock is a small "US" raised logo on the neck of the Arsenal stock.

I'd sure like to know which company is the true source of the stocks.  PSA, Arsenal, and Atlantic seem to all have the same polymer stock sets molded by a third party company.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 11:23:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MontanaMarine4] [#4]
I've got a GF5 with the one-piece rear trunnion.  It was solid with the Zhukov stock.

I replaced that with an M4 type stock using the Definitive Arms adaptor.  That is also very solid.

Page AK-47 » PSA AK
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top