Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2020 3:33:56 PM EDT
Have a nice, unmolested 1953 Tula SKS.  The trigger on this thing is, after cleaning, and properly lubing it, just horrendous.

I DO NOT want to change parts out of the OEM trigger group.  I want to keep things "stock" for obvious reasons.  I'd much prefer OEM parts being lightly treated, as opposed to OEM parts being destroyed.

OTOH, Substituting parts for OEM parts is OK, as long as I get the OEM parts back.  Again, for re-sale value.

I have seen YouTube vids on SKS trigger jobs, and I reckon I can do what the rather lengthy vids suggest.  Seems like an intelligent, and gentle smoothing-out of the trigger group components.

I definitely do not want to mess this up, but am willing to take things slowly.  

Any Ideas?

Link Posted: 4/11/2020 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Bumping, due to lack of responses.

Any suggestions?  The OEM trigger is terrible.  Have seen some very detailed YouTube vids, and need further advice.

Please Help!
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 11:40:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, this guy.

Kivaari

He did one for me years back - excellent.

I plan to send him my Norinco.
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 8:44:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep, this guy.

Kivaari

He did one for me years back - excellent.

I plan to send him my Norinco.
View Quote

Thanks!  I'll send him an e-mail.  Much obliged!
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 5:41:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Got a response back, and we'll be doing business.  Much obliged for the suggestion!

FWIW, all firearm effectiveness MUST include the firearm's trigger.  I'd rather a bad rifle with an excellent trigger, than an excellent rifle with a bad trigger.  YMMV,
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 7:34:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Got a response back, and we'll be doing business.  Much obliged for the suggestion!

FWIW, all firearm effectiveness MUST include the firearm's trigger.  I'd rather a bad rifle with an excellent trigger, than an excellent rifle with a bad trigger.  YMMV,
View Quote

Good to hear. Lots of positive feedback on him. Kind of hard to find a good SKS guy ????
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

What the cost? Maybe I'll send him my yugo's trigger.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 9:04:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$59.95 + $10.00 S+H; 30-day turnaround.
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 11:46:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

$59.95 + $10.00 S+H; 30-day turnaround.
View Quote

Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/25/2020 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Sent my trigger group off today.  I asked him if he could return to me any OEM parts he might have to replace, and he agreed.  So, hoping for the best.  The OEM trigger was just awful, both in pull weight, and feel.  As long as the result is safe to use (and he seems to know his business on that score), almost anything should be a distinct improvement.

I concur with Col Cooper that I would rather have a mediocre rifle with an excellent trigger than an excellent rifle with a mediocre trigger.

Personally, I find that an excellent trigger does more for me--cost-effectiveness-wise-- than most any other improvement.  YMMV.  Of course, this assumes that nothing in the rifle/ammo/shooter equation is seriously amiss.  Putting an excellent trigger on a rifle with a shot-out/damaged bore, will probably not give a huge deal of improvement.  YMMV.  
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:19:45 PM EDT
[#10]
He did a trigger for me years ago on a Norinco. Night and day difference. Well worth it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:21:57 PM EDT
[#11]
He worked wonders on my Norinco sks trigger - greatly recommended
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:09:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Getting close to the time when I can expect back.  Will report.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:10:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Sounds good. thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 8:47:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Trigger group arrived back yesterday, along with all the OEM parts for which substitution was made.  The OEM sear was "too tall", causing problems, and Tom substituted another sear.  Cost an extra $20, but that's on me, as I requested him to return the OEM parts.

Have only dry-fired it so far, but the trigger is all one could reasonably ask for.  It is VASTLY better than the OEM unit.  Fully satisfied so far.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top