Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2021 4:29:26 PM EDT
So fairly new to the AK platform. I have a PSA gen 3 and am tonthe point I want to put a red dot on it. From what I've researched I have either side receiver mount, railed gas tube, or railed top cover.

I'm leaning towards railed gas tube first then receiver side second. Im sure the receiver mount is the most solid/accurate option but definitely like the looks of the railed gas tube mount.

Railed gas tube wise I have looked at MI and CNC warrior. Receiver mounts I've looked at MI and RS.

The top cover just makes me very leery with having to take it off for cleaning/maintenance as I shoot some corrosive ammo. Also it seems like there's room for wiggle with the top cover.

The gas tube also is removed when I clean it so that is knock against it and does the gas tube get hot enough ot cause a malfunction with an optic? Any help you guys can guide me with is appreciated. More than likely my AK will only ever run a red dot so im not needing super accuracy but I want repeatability to stay within 1 MOA or less between removing and replacing.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I run side mount and gas tube mount, depends on the optic.
In my opinion, if it is a micro red dot then go with the gas tube mount. Personally, my favorite is Ultimak, it is the most proven and will absolutely not loosen or zero shift due to heat. You don't have to worry about killing the red dot as long as it's not some airsoft BS, I've used everything from budget Primary Arms to Aimpoints and everything in between and have never had an issue. You also don't need to take the gas tube off to clean, even if you shot corrosive you can just spray it down with a hose and you're good, I used to shoot a lot of M67 and never removed an Ultimak and have never had rust.
If it's a bigger optic, EOTech, LPVO, red dot and magnifier, etc, I would recommend a side mount. I use RS Regulate and Arsenal SM-13 and have never had an issue with them. The fit tight and hold zero without issue.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:29:15 AM EDT
[#2]

I love my ultimak rail with the primary arms micro dot I get absolute co witness.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top