Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2020 12:46:05 AM EDT
Anyone has experience with the Midwest Industries AKG2 handguard?

Saw this old post (from 2016) while looking for something that will allow co-witness with either MRO or T1.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/08/24/lightning-review-midwest-industries-gen2-ak-handguard/

I did some google search but didn't find anything....

TIA
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I want to install the extended version with MRO Mount on my Romanian. I never cared much for modernized AKs, but the current ammo situation has awaken something in my soul!
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 2:18:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Great quality but something to be aware of is the internal clamp could get in the way of unlock mlok screws. You will need shorter screws or you may have to file some down.

I wasn't really a fan of the optic top cover. my only gripe is that if something catches on the rear sight, rear sight will spring forward and hit your optic either denting it or hitting the glass. The ultimak sits low enough for this to only be cosmetic damage

It is a solid handguard system and is actually really good if you have a retainer that causes everything to be loose since it a clamps to the barrel.

my only real complaint about the extended handguard is I wish it had a cut out option on the top cover for a front sight gas block combo. I guess you can always make that mod yourself

It would be ideal if they made something like the Gen 1 extended and I'm locked but with the anti-rotation tab
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top