Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/12/2021 7:55:48 AM EDT
Was wondering  about what you guys prefer on a very short AK pistol?

The micro Draco  is cool but damn that concussion and blast is brutal! Or the mini Draco a hair longer with a littler better velocity and a minor bit less blast!

What do you guys prefer and why?

Anyone running some type of blast diverter ?

Which one?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Started with a Draco, then added a mini. If I find a deal on a micro, I’ll add one of those as well. But for now I’m happy where I’m at.

If I was to do one, I’d go mini.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 3:15:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a relative AK n00b, but I do love my Z-Pap.

The first time I shot it without a diverter (immediately installed a 4-piece bulgy FH), the sky lit up and I felt a thump in my chest.  Birds more than a mile away took flight and migrated somewhere safe.

My friends all spilt their beers.

I'd get the mini for those reasons.  I wouldn't want an AK much shorter than my Z-pap.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I also have a standard Draco and the mini, both sbr’s. Got muzzle nuts on both. Would hate to pick just one, enjoy both.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I started with a Draco C around 2012. Paid $369, but after Sandy Hook I was offered $800, so I sold it. About 4 years ago I got a new Micro Draco from work for $469. I still have it, & it rocks. GARY
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 3:29:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I think 8 inches is pretty much the minimum length for an AK and even then it would have to be suppressed to not be awful under 12 inches.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 7:15:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top