Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Page AK-47 » Chinese
Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2020 1:06:32 PM EST
Have a straight cut/stamped Mak 90 that I purchased an IWD furniture set for.

The work from Matt @ IWD is nothing short of beautiful.  Fitment was perfect out of the box and required zero sanding or finish work.

When he mailed out my package, it was recommended that I pick up a grip screw from a Desert Foxr, which is said to measure 4 1/8".  When trying to install, I noticed that this screw is still too short and barely will engage one thread on the nut.

I see a lot of screws listed with various vendors, but few of them list the length.  For example, K-Var lists both a 4" and 4.5" screw.  The latter is supposed to be for "thumbhole" stocks, but the Mak-90 thumbhole stock used a screw is about 3 13/16" long.

RTG also sells a screw that's said to be 4 5/16". but is presently out of stock.

Has anyone here been in the same boat and have a suggestion?
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 4:18:38 PM EST
Every grip screw I've ever used for an AK has been different, I am unsurprised.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 10:08:16 PM EST
Originally Posted By bustedtrigger137:
Have a straight cut/stamped Mak 90 that I purchased an IWD furniture set for.

The work from Matt @ IWD is nothing short of beautiful.  Fitment was perfect out of the box and required zero sanding or finish work.

When he mailed out my package, it was recommended that I pick up a grip screw from a Desert Foxr, which is said to measure 4 1/8".  When trying to install, I noticed that this screw is still too short and barely will engage one thread on the nut.

I see a lot of screws listed with various vendors, but few of them list the length.  For example, K-Var lists both a 4" and 4.5" screw.  The latter is supposed to be for "thumbhole" stocks, but the Mak-90 thumbhole stock used a screw is about 3 13/16" long.

RTG also sells a screw that's said to be 4 5/16". but is presently out of stock.

Has anyone here been in the same boat and have a suggestion?
View Quote

pulled the screw on my MAC 90 , overall length is 4 7/16
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 12:56:19 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MAC21500:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MAC21500:

I expected as much.  This wouldn't be as big of a deal if the screw were something you could get OTS at Fastenal or McMaster.  At first, I figured vendors were charging $5 for a $0.50 screw.  Then I noticed how much smaller the head is on the AK screws.

Originally Posted By micmacman:

pulled the screw on my MAC 90 , overall length is 4 7/16

Thanks a ton.  K-Var has a 4.5" screw and their nut appears to be "taller" than what I have now.  Between the two, I should have enough there to engage a decent amount of threads.  Worst case, I can cut the screw down.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
Top Top