Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2020 11:24:17 AM EDT
I know no one likes Crapco SKS pistol grip stocks.  I know most everything Magpul does is pretty well received, and fairly high quality.  If they did a SKS stock in their formation similar to their Ruger 10/22 look, would you be interested?  Not a pistol grip, but good cheekweld, and a swept grip.  Something that would drop in without any modification to the original gun.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2020 2:01:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Great idea, where can I get one?
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/22/2020 12:33:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I would like something like that. Not a pistol grip but better ergonomics. Longer or adjustable (shims/spacers are fine) LOP. Some way to mount a light or bi-pod. People still use SKS rifles for hunting quite a bit.

tsh77769
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I went to many gun shows and gun stores trying-out aftermarket SKS stocks.  I figured out that the RamLine fit me best, but YMMV.

There is no substitute for trying-out the stock.  Some things require first-hand experience.

I would suggest, if the user intends to wear body armor, that some users of the SKS might be better off with original Length-Of-Pull, instead of going longer, what with the added bulk of the body armor.

It's easy enough to cut-out plywood spacers for syn stocks that are too short.  Much harder to cut down a stock and have the OEM metal still fit.

Pachmayr makes some slip-over butt-pads, which extend the LOP, but getting the size right for the SKS is a pain.  Sorry, I don't recall which size.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top