Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2018 5:16:07 PM EDT
I have a friend that has a Mac 90, Its the classic sporter with thumbhole stock and a long barrel.  He bought it before Obama when everyone was going nuts and he paid about 700 bucks for it.  It has a milled receiver and is a nice rifle but it would be illegal for me to have it in NY with the thumbhole stock and I want the barrel cut down anyway.

Can anyone recommend a company that can replace the stock with a classic rifle style stock, and move the trigger group back so it would work with the rifle stock (like a saiga when they come into the country) and of course it can't have a pistol grip.....

I'd also like a shop that can cut the barrel down.  Any suggestions would be welcome, the companies I've looked at so far sell custom rifles but they don't list the work they would do to your/my rifle if I sent it to them.

Thanks,

Woody
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#1]
No.  It makes no sense.   Milled Maks are a bit of a collectors item.   Sell or trade it for a Saiga.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Your name is bill of rights and you are telling me what To do with my property?  That's interesting.    Please list all of your property so I can tell you what you can and can't do with it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 10:17:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your name is bill of rights and you are telling me what To do with my property?  That's interesting.    Please list all of your property so I can tell you what you can and can't do with it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
He's not telling you to do anything, he's giving advice as you requested:

Any suggestions would be welcome...
His advice which is sound. You would be better off trading the Mak for an unconverted Saiga, and in doing so would make a few bucks in addition given that the milled Mak is generally considered to be worth more. There are no companies that I know of that offer that specific service, but if you're dead set on it just start asking the various AK specific outfits like JBI or Two Rivers.
Link Posted: 1/19/2018 1:54:43 PM EDT
[#4]
It sounds like you want to do a lot of work to a rifle, one that isn’t being imported anymore, in order to have it look more like a more easily-found rifle. I agree with the poster whom advised you to sell it and buy one that more closely resembles the model you want.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was giving you good advice, on a subject that I happen to know far more about than you.    You aren't supposed to be rude and ignorant in the tech forums, but I am glad that you self identified.  Thank you.
You may now do anything you want with your property.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 11:06:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I was giving you good advice, on a subject that I happen to know far more about than you.    You aren't supposed to be rude and ignorant in the tech forums, but I am glad that you self identified.  Thank you.
You may now do anything you want with your property.  
View Quote
This isn't the AK Files, and we're much more chill around here.
Link Posted: 1/21/2018 8:37:57 PM EDT
[#7]
You have a semi collectible rifle, paying a premium to butcher it is a stupid move.

Buy a Saiga sporter and do the front end conversion to make it more AK like.

If you MUST have a chinese rifle, try and trade the MAK for a Norinco Hunter. I bet you could trade straight across.
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 10:38:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Being milled with a longer barrel, it sounds like it might be a MAK-91.  It would be quite difficult to do what you describe based on the back of those post-ban milled Chinese rifles.  Being a milled Chi-com it should sell for a good amount and it would be much easier to buy a sporter Saiga or a milled Chinese hunter.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top