Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2021 9:34:36 PM EDT
Sooo...I finally decide to sell my thumbhole MAK90.  I'm showing it to my family, who have never seen it and I decide to remove the scope rail.  Uh, wait.  are those spot welds?  Wait, what?  I then realize, that the dust cover is darker then the rest of the rifle.  The original owner must have removed the dust cover an replaced it with this plate, which is a one piece raise scope rail, etc.  It's done well, and looks easy enough to replace, but where the heck do I find a replacement for reasonable cost.  or should I say, where will the new owner find one!  I'm more of an AR guy and decided it's time to downsize.  I'm guessing the scope rail affects value, just not sure which way!
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:15:54 AM EDT
[#1]
The EE here or other forums are your best bet. Chinese guns haven’t been imported in almost 30 years and nobody has parts in-stock anymore, so the secondary market is your only option. Be prepared to pounce on one if it shows up because you are one out of a bunch of people looking for the same parts.

It seems ‘Bubba’ did a great job in the 90s of convincing Chinese AK owners to toss away the ‘cheap Chi-Com parts’ and replace them with something stupid, usually from TAPCO. Now their kids and grandkids are looking to put the old rifles back the way they should be, and that means lots of demand and low supply, so be prepared for sticker-shock.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 7:31:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Funny thing is these used to be practically free at every gun show I ever went to back in the day.  Now who knows but a decent gun show will probably be the best bet.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top