Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2020 7:58:50 PM EDT
Underfolder with an ITM reciever I was told it was from a polish kit .
Mine is marked ,
75 DA 2055
On the left side ...  Is that Polish ?
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 4:49:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I assume that's on the trunnion? What is the arsenal mark on it?
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 5:58:45 AM EDT
[#2]
What? Pic
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 6:22:55 AM EDT
[#3]
That sounds like a Hungarian AMMS kit build to me judging by the serial, if memory serves me correctly
Link Posted: 3/20/2020 10:16:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1Gunner:
That sounds like a Hungarian AMMS kit build to me judging by the serial, if memory serves me correctly
View Quote

I was thinking Romanian since they used a ton of two letter followed by 4 number marked trunnions. It's one of the three for sure though, lol. Need pics and more info.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 11:12:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry it's taken so long , but here it is .
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 9:12:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Well come on ... what is it ?
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 12:13:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AEnemaBay] [#7]
The font, spacing, and how cleanly/straight it was applied looks East German to me.

Link Posted: 4/15/2020 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Is 86 the year ? In your serial number .
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 11:35:28 PM EDT
[#9]
If you remove the top cover are there any other markings or stamps on the top left side of the trunnion? Also, Vector did build some AK's about a decade ago using some EG parts, notably trunnions. With that said, assuming the trunnion is EG I would not assume the other parts are EG too. Almost guaranteed the barrel isn't EG. Time to start looking everywhere for tiny stamps if you really want a full description of what parts were used. It is likely a mix.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 7:48:42 PM EDT
[#10]
The front trunnion is East German, year 1975.  It also has the small oval K3 proof mark next next to the barrel pin.  Remove the top cover, you may also see a circle inside a diamond proof above the factory serial number.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 1:44:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for that info !

I've been bored latley so I will look for tiny marks and take pics .

My gun was made to kill ME , you little bastard !
I was in the Marines in 75

He who laughs last ......
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 1:22:17 PM EDT
[#12]
There is markings on the the top of the trunion , left side : a squiggly T in front , then a V with the lines extending a bit further at the V .

Then a small  O with little tick marks every 90 degrees , and last a triangle .
There is a 215 on top og the safety through pin . There is a small 7 right above the bayo lug , left side .
Bottom of piston housing there is FO 2705 , back of top cover says FO 3674 .

755 on left side of take down button .
On the bolt carrier right side is a V then very faint is 71 Z 4374 .
On the bottom of carrier is F then a little O then a sideways V .

On the bolt right behind a locking lug is what looks like an asterisk then KO 804 and a small triangle.

Thats all the markings that I can see .
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top