Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2021 10:55:00 PM EDT
I'm considering a KNS plastic delete kit for my 7.62x39 Galil ACE pistol, since I just got my tax stamp back for it. For those of you with one, does it improve ease of reloads? I think getting an additional 922R may be worth the trouble. Frankly, the current mag well doesn't bother me, but I find myself occasionally bumbling reloads, a problem I don't have with my SAR-2.

Next, I shoot suppressed. I like the stock handguard, but I realize it makes mounting a light more difficult. For those of you with RS Regulate or MW Industries handguards, what do you do since there is no heat shield with these handguards? MLOK grip panels? Running a few mags (not even mag dumps) gets the barrel and gas block super hot on my ACE.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 9:58:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#2]
As far as ease of reloads, I think it helps as far as the fact that it opens up the magwell a bit.  

When it comes to the handguard, I can't say for certain, as I'm still waiting on mine, although I imagine it being opened up will help for some heat dispersion.
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 11:09:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone?
View Quote

@themao

Old thread but I'm surprises no one else was able to help you out.

With no heat shield, yes it s a good idea to put some Mlok panels and or a grip to insulate your hands on any thin Mlok handguard like those, even thin things like the BCM panels work pretty well for this.

I have a KNS plastic delete kit, and it is a hell of a lot easier for me to hook my mags in without the goofy magwell thing for Ak type mags. Mine is a 5.45 but same deal. Also I highly recommend the KNS piston if you don't already have one.

I just finally found a 12 inch and 10 inch Midwest Industries threaded handguard for mine, I got to figure out which one I like then I'll sell the loser on the EE probably.

Also random potato pic:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:59:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks so much for the helpful reply. I hope to pick up the rifle version God willing. Yes I have a KNS piston for my 7.62x39 ACE SBR (aka pistol). Runs like butter with my Surefire can.

I find the magwell helpful with steel and Magpul mags. The magwell
does not like Bulgarian waffles. Your Galil looks more like an original Galil without the plastic though. More AKish lol.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 7:53:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks so much for the helpful reply. I hope to pick up the rifle version God willing. Yes I have a KNS piston for my 7.62x39 ACE SBR (aka pistol). Runs like butter with my Surefire can.

I find the magwell helpful with steel and Magpul mags. The magwell
does not like Bulgarian waffles. Your Galil looks more like an original Galil without the plastic though. More AKish lol.
View Quote

It did look more classic until this thing came in lol

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 12:20:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I did the kns on one and the og galil mag catch trigger guard on another....I prefer the OG mag catch all day long,  it feels better, you can run any style galil grip you want, it just looks right with the valmet/sako waffle mags. I may even mod a valmet grip and adapt it for a sako rk95 stock  depending on what goes down this week....The Galil Origin!
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:05:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I went old school stock and pg, bent my own trigger guard from a bolt on ak guard. I feel like it guides your thumb right to the release, and with the rs rail I decided on the vertical grip
Attachment Attached File
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top