Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2021 5:02:38 PM EDT
$999 at LGS. Chrome lined barrel, walnut colored stock.

I chose this over a PSA or going the KR-103 route. The quality of the chrome lined bolt and bolt carrier won me over, and the 1.5 mm receiver wasn't that bad weight wise.

I'll probably add the Definitive arms AR-15 stock adapter and a Tango Down AK battle grip. I have an OSS can, so I need to order a 14x1 LH muzzle brake as well.

What are you guys doing for upgraded handguards? Has anyone tried SLR rifle works? I'll definitely be adding some sort of optic (magnified via scope mount).

My motivation here was to buy a stamped AK to "modernize". I own a Polish parts kit AKM (1984 production) that I do not want to change (has a Soviet bayonet, only US parts are the trigger and receiver). I have a Galil ACE, but I figured I should have a traditional AKM style rifle to complement it and shoot for fun. If I could go back in time, I would own a Saiga.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By themao:
The quality of the chrome lined bolt and bolt carrier won me over...
View Quote

Unless something has changed, the bolt and bolt carrier aren't plated. Just polished in the white.
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 9:51:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AEnemaBay:

Unless something has changed, the bolt and bolt carrier aren't plated. Just polished in the white.
View Quote

Doh. My bad. Still looks nice
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 11:53:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Doh. My bad. Still looks nice
View Quote

Yeah, they really do. I just didn't want you (or anyone else) to be disappointed if the carrier starts to stain or even develop rust (harder to do with the polished carrier, but still possible).
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:24:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AEnemaBay:

Yeah, they really do. I just didn't want you (or anyone else) to be disappointed if the carrier starts to stain or even develop rust (harder to do with the polished carrier, but still possible).
View Quote

I will make sure I oil it regularly or wipe it with a Rem oil cloth.

Out of curiosity, do Russian AKs and Bulgarian AKs possess parkerization or another coating on their bolts and bolt carriers?
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Put 100 rounds through it. No malfunctions. Ran well with 7.62x39 Tula, Barnual and Igman brass ammo. I used Bulgarian circle 10, Magpul MOE, Magpul M3, Serbian steel, Zastava polymer and Bulgarian steel magazines without an issue. The one Arsenal 5 round magazine fit and functioned fine as well. The only magazine that gave me fits was the Bulgarian commercial polymer mag (new made); it is tight in the magwell. This same magazine also does not fit my Galil, but fits a Polish AKM on a Childers receiver just fine.

Questions/comments:

1. The trigger is gritty, meaning there is considerable creep during the pull. The weight of pull is not bad at all, and it is tolerable (4.5-5 lbs maybe). Have any of you installed an ALG trigger in these rifles and if so, which model? I assume a trigger retainer plate is a must as well. I admit to being spoiled by my Geissele AR triggers.

2. My proposed set up:
a. M4 buttstock using Definitive Arms adapter (I have used this on my SAR-2, man do I love it). I have a Polish AKM build, so I am not interested in authenticity, but shoot-ability and comfort.

b. TDI handguard so I keep the original handguard retainer……still wondering if I should go super pimp and use a SLR rifleworks, but I have no intent on installing a light. I would prefer to keep the set up light and simple. My Zastava already has a sling loop for a vickers sling up front by the gas block. In the odd event I need a light, the TDI handguard should work well enough for me.

c. Gas tube: This is where I am uncertain. Should I get an ultimak or use a cheese grater or keep the walnut gas tube cover? Does anyone make a polymer heat shield handguard like K-VAR sells for normal AK-74 and AKMs? A heat shielded handguard may make the most since.

d. I am thinking prism optic (probably Primary arms). I really like the one I purchased for my SAR-2. I just can’t make a LPVO work for me on an AK, and I’ve tried a bunch of different scout mounts. I know Robski uses the primary arms 1-6 with a scout mount and makes it work, but I find myself putting my cheek on the back of the stock rather than forward near the dust cover.

3. If I went with an Aimpoint, how well do Attero Arms/Texas Weapon Systems mounts hold zero? I rather keep the stock rear sight, but of course, who cares about a 1000 meter adjustment on a 7.62x39 rifle anyway? I am open to suggestions.

4. Last, I will place an OSS muzzle brake on the FSB (only because they don’t make a flash hider). I have an OSS 7.62 I use on my Galil and love it. No need for a KNS piston. I actually think this Zastava is appropriately gassed compared to my 16” Gail ACE 7.62x39 and my SAR-2. Both of those rifles shoot brass a mile. The Zastava still kicks it out several feet but not nearly as hard.

Questions, comments, welcomed. I just want to make this a nice shooter, maybe use it at a match or course as well. Apply the K.I.S.S. principle as much as possible.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 5:49:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Bueller, Bueller? Anyone?
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 7:19:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Put 100 rounds through it. No malfunctions. Ran well with 7.62x39 Tula, Barnual and Igman brass ammo. I used Bulgarian circle 10, Magpul MOE, Magpul M3, Serbian steel, Zastava polymer and Bulgarian steel magazines without an issue. The one Arsenal 5 round magazine fit and functioned fine as well. The only magazine that gave me fits was the Bulgarian commercial polymer mag (new made); it is tight in the magwell. This same magazine also does not fit my Galil, but fits a Polish AKM on a Childers receiver just fine.

Questions/comments:

1. The trigger is gritty, meaning there is considerable creep during the pull. The weight of pull is not bad at all, and it is tolerable (4.5-5 lbs maybe). Have any of you installed an ALG trigger in these rifles and if so, which model? I assume a trigger retainer plate is a must as well. I admit to being spoiled by my Geissele AR triggers.

2. My proposed set up:
a. M4 buttstock using Definitive Arms adapter (I have used this on my SAR-2, man do I love it). I have a Polish AKM build, so I am not interested in authenticity, but shoot-ability and comfort.

b. TDI handguard so I keep the original handguard retainer……still wondering if I should go super pimp and use a SLR rifleworks, but I have no intent on installing a light. I would prefer to keep the set up light and simple. My Zastava already has a sling loop for a vickers sling up front by the gas block. In the odd event I need a light, the TDI handguard should work well enough for me.

c. Gas tube: This is where I am uncertain. Should I get an ultimak or use a cheese grater or keep the walnut gas tube cover? Does anyone make a polymer heat shield handguard like K-VAR sells for normal AK-74 and AKMs? A heat shielded handguard may make the most since.

d. I am thinking prism optic (probably Primary arms). I really like the one I purchased for my SAR-2. I just can’t make a LPVO work for me on an AK, and I’ve tried a bunch of different scout mounts. I know Robski uses the primary arms 1-6 with a scout mount and makes it work, but I find myself putting my cheek on the back of the stock rather than forward near the dust cover.

3. If I went with an Aimpoint, how well do Attero Arms/Texas Weapon Systems mounts hold zero? I rather keep the stock rear sight, but of course, who cares about a 1000 meter adjustment on a 7.62x39 rifle anyway? I am open to suggestions.

4. Last, I will place an OSS muzzle brake on the FSB (only because they don’t make a flash hider). I have an OSS 7.62 I use on my Galil and love it. No need for a KNS piston. I actually think this Zastava is appropriately gassed compared to my 16” Gail ACE 7.62x39 and my SAR-2. Both of those rifles shoot brass a mile. The Zastava still kicks it out several feet but not nearly as hard.

Questions, comments, welcomed. I just want to make this a nice shooter, maybe use it at a match or course as well. Apply the K.I.S.S. principle as much as possible.

Thanks
View Quote

1. The stock trigger will smooth out after enough shooting or dry firing. Mine is nice and smooth. No, I had no need for an ALG AKT trigger for this. Stock is fine and works perfectly. You can even shoot quickly once you learn the reset and break.

2. Zastava makes a M4 stock adapter. It's what I put on mine because I prefer an adjustable length of pull over the fixed stock.
https://zastavaarmsusa.com/product/m70-buffer-tube-adapter/

I am not a fan of aluminum M-Lok handguards. They get too hot too quickly. I kept the wood because you can shoot quite a bit without worrying about heat.

Gas tube is up to you if you want to put a light on it. Be aware that it will get freaking hot. I just use the wood gas tube hand guard.

Optics are up to you. I like prisms too if you prefer magnification. a LPVO just adds more weight to an already heavy rifle.

3. I had an Aimpoint T-2 on my ZPAP but used an RS Regulate mount. Many say good things about the Attero Arms mount but I prefer QD with my optics.

4. I agree that the ZPAP is very well gassed. I put a Meridian Defense BD2 on mine though.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 10:21:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By jonm78:

1. The stock trigger will smooth out after enough shooting or dry firing. Mine is nice and smooth. No, I had no need for an ALG AKT trigger for this. Stock is fine and works perfectly. You can even shoot quickly once you learn the reset and break.

2. Zastava makes a M4 stock adapter. It's what I put on mine because I prefer an adjustable length of pull over the fixed stock.
https://zastavaarmsusa.com/product/m70-buffer-tube-adapter/

I am not a fan of aluminum M-Lok handguards. They get too hot too quickly. I kept the wood because you can shoot quite a bit without worrying about heat.

Gas tube is up to you if you want to put a light on it. Be aware that it will get freaking hot. I just use the wood gas tube hand guard.

Optics are up to you. I like prisms too if you prefer magnification. a LPVO just adds more weight to an already heavy rifle.

3. I had an Aimpoint T-2 on my ZPAP but used an RS Regulate mount. Many say good things about the Attero Arms mount but I prefer QD with my optics.

4. I agree that the ZPAP is very well gassed. I put a Meridian Defense BD2 on mine though.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply. I figured it might be best to put 500-1000 rounds through the rifle before swapping triggers.

I have a M-LOK midwest Industries handguard on my Galil ACE. WithBCM grip panels, I don’t have issues with the heat yet. I may just stick with wood but will try it. I agree with your wood gas tube statement, but I guess I will try it for fun.

Prisms seem to work better on AKs for some reason. It’s hard to get a LPVO far forward enough on an AK to handle the eye relief.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Attachment Attached File

So here is what I have so far. TDI handguard, Vickers padded sling, Zastava (leapers) scope mount with a Steiner 1-4x in a Larue SPR mount, Definitive Arms M4 stock adapter, BCM SOPMOD stock, AK Battlegrip from Tango Down.

Shoots great. I need to go hog hunting. I'm going to try to hit the outdoor range tomorrow or Saturday to shoot at 100 yards. Waiting for the OSS muzzle brake to put my can on it.

I also left the walnut wood gas tube cover in place so I don't burn my hand. I took one look at the cheese grater gas tube cover and thought I was asking for a 3rd degree burn. Of course, after 60 rounds on any AK, the handguard gets hot period.

The UTG (labeled Zastava) mount actually is pretty nice. I still ordered a RS Regulate optic mount though, because they appear to go farther forward than the other mounts I've seen. It's all about adapting to the eye relief of the scope. The Steiner isn't as bad as say a VCOG 1-6x, but it still needs to be 3-3.5" forward for the eye relief. The height of the std Larue SPR mount isn't bad, but I would like to put the scope in a set of 1" Nightforce Titanium rings to get it lower. Problem is the Zastava UTG mount won't let me do that. I will see if the RS regulate mount gets me forward enough.

Questions:

1. Trigger upgrades: I will wait 500 rounds, but was curious what one would recommend? Battle Arms Development? FIME? ALG?

2. Bolt/bolt carrier: Would it be blasphemy to get them phosphate or DLC coated? Only motivation is to protect the bare polished metal if I wind up hunting with it down south (hogs).

3. Gas tube handguard: Does anyone make an AK74/100 style gas tube handguard that fits Yugos? You know, like the ones K-VAR sells that are Bulgarian and possess a heat shield. I see no role for an Ultimak if I intend to use a scope.
Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Thanks for the reply. I figured it might be best to put 500-1000 rounds through the rifle before swapping triggers.

I have a M-LOK midwest Industries handguard on my Galil ACE. WithBCM grip panels, I don’t have issues with the heat yet. I may just stick with wood but will try it. I agree with your wood gas tube statement, but I guess I will try it for fun.

Prisms seem to work better on AKs for some reason. It’s hard to get a LPVO far forward enough on an AK to handle the eye relief.

Thanks
View Quote

If Magpul made a hand guard for the Yugo/ZPAP I would switch out. I just prefer to keep heat down without having to use gloves. Wood does a great job at that.

I agree about the prism. Red dots work but I am putting a Trijicon TA50 on mine once I can get a RS Regulate AKOT upper mount.

Link Posted: 11/11/2021 7:34:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Questions:

1. Trigger upgrades: I will wait 500 rounds, but was curious what one would recommend? Battle Arms Development? FIME? ALG?

2. Bolt/bolt carrier: Would it be blasphemy to get them phosphate or DLC coated? Only motivation is to protect the bare polished metal if I wind up hunting with it down south (hogs).

3. Gas tube handguard: Does anyone make an AK74/100 style gas tube handguard that fits Yugos? You know, like the ones K-VAR sells that are Bulgarian and possess a heat shield. I see no role for an Ultimak if I intend to use a scope.
View Quote

1. ALG is harder steel than the bolt carrier so you are going to kill the tail. I have seen them look quite bad. Zastava used enough US made parts that they could keep the stock trigger, which is same hardness as the bolt carrier. Rob Ski's carrier tail looked flawless after 5000 rounds. So there's that.

2. Doesn't need coated. It already has a coat and is not bare metal. AFAIK it's some nickel molly coating. You won't need to worry about it.

3. Not sure. Not a lot of hand guard options for Yugos. Hogue makes a set but it's rather poor quality IMO.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By jonm78:

1. ALG is harder steel than the bolt carrier so you are going to kill the tail. I have seen them look quite bad. Zastava used enough US made parts that they could keep the stock trigger, which is same hardness as the bolt carrier. Rob Ski's carrier tail looked flawless after 5000 rounds. So there's that.

2. Doesn't need coated. It already has a coat and is not bare metal. AFAIK it's some nickel molly coating. You won't need to worry about it.

3. Not sure. Not a lot of hand guard options for Yugos. Hogue makes a set but it's rather poor quality IMO.
View Quote

I’ve heard the same thing about ALG triggers, then others tell me it’s false but Robski said it can happen

Aenemabay says it’s bare metal.

Gotta run. Wife yelling at me
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 6:23:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Came here for this.......

But....nice AK

Link Posted: 11/13/2021 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#14]

I’ve heard the same thing about ALG triggers, then others tell me it’s false but Robski said it can happen

Aenemabay says it’s bare metal.

Gotta run. Wife yelling at me
View Quote

Someone on a Zastava Facebook group posted a picture of his. That ZPAPM70 carrier tail was mashed to hell and he had an ALG AKT. Probably the worst deforming I have ever seen.
Link Posted: 11/20/2021 9:31:41 PM EDT
[#15]
The trigger on my M70 ZPAP is so smooth it's unreal. It's like the trigger on my Kahr MK9 Elite. SMOOOOOOOTH.
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Managed to get an AKOT mount off of the EE.  Finally added a Trijicon TA50 ACOG to my ZPAPM70. Going to the range this weekend to zero.

Link Posted: 12/10/2021 8:28:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I’m waiting for the AKR RS regulate mount to go onto the RS regulate yugo mount. In the mean time, I have a Steiner 1-4x in a Larue SPR mount on top of the Zastava UTG optics mount. I like the set up, but I would prefer the optic to be lower using rings. I have a set of 1” night force titanium rings I want to use with the RS regulate mount. I am waiting for the AKR to come back in stock.

Do you like the ACOG? Euro Optic had them on sale recently. I wish they offered the larger 3.5x model with a horseshoe 7.62x39 reticle and LED illumination.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 3:54:48 AM EDT
[#18]
I’m waiting for the AKR RS regulate mount to go onto the RS regulate yugo mount. In the mean time, I have a Steiner 1-4x in a Larue SPR mount on top of the Zastava UTG optics mount. I like the set up, but I would prefer the optic to be lower using rings. I have a set of 1” night force titanium rings I want to use with the RS regulate mount. I am waiting for the AKR to come back in stock.

Do you like the ACOG? Euro Optic had them on sale recently. I wish they offered the larger 3.5x model with a horseshoe 7.62x39 reticle and LED illumination.
View Quote

Yeah, it can be hard to find those RS Regulate parts. I would definitely mount that scope lower using the RS Regulate rail and low rings when you can find them. That Steiner is a 30mm tube. Don't think 1-inch rings will work with it?

I haven't shot the ACOG yet but it's definitely amazing in regards to glass and crisp magnification. Prism optics are nice but heavy so that's why I wanted a compact ACOG like the T50. It's only 6oz and sits nice and low. I did grab it from EuroOptic for $799 so not a bad price.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 6:36:55 PM EDT
[#19]
1” height, 30 mm diameter Nightforce rings.

I may try an ACOG. I like the Primary Arms 3x prism, but I want better glass. Browe makes what I want, but they are not getting good customer service reviews as of late.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 11:21:24 PM EDT
[#20]
1” height, 30 mm diameter Nightforce rings.

I may try an ACOG. I like the Primary Arms 3x prism, but I want better glass. Browe makes what I want, but they are not getting good customer service reviews as of late.
View Quote

Ah I see.

First attempt today with my brand new ACOG didn't go well. Windage is not moving at all. I have emailed EuroOptic and Trijicon to see about replacement and/or repair. I do have to say that the glass is freakish clear and crisp.
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 11:12:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Well that is discouraging. Hoepfully they replace or fix it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Trijicon replied first thing this morning. Sent me a UPS label and off it went. Will arrive in Wixom, Michigan tomorrow.

They say up to 8 weeks but I hear average time is 1-2 weeks. Will follow up with what happens.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 12:17:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I dont know about ALG (looks pricey)  I put several Arsenal "faux" two-stage Triggers on several of my combloc AK pattern rifles.  Fantastic buys at less than $50 ea.  I have several quasi original Yugo rifles of all stripes and colors.
M24/47
M48 repro'd into 90s wartime sniper
M59/66 SKS repro'd into 90s wartime DMR
M70B1 (has trench art and the original trigger is butter but I went with an Arsenal because I want the two-stage feel)
M70AB2 (yours, my least favorite Yugo but left it stock)
M76 (Red Star Arms trigger. Multi-adjustable but I left it the way it came out of the box. Nice faux 2-stage)
M77 (Arsenal)

The worst stock triggers were Romanian PSL and two Dracos. All have Arsenals now.

I get the better utility (no question) but I personally can't stand the look of an adjustable M4 type stock on pretty much any ComBloc weapon. It's like some sort of weird afterbirth result of an imaginary NATO/Warsaw orgy.

RSRegulate !!!  Accept no substitutes. Scott is about as righteous as they come. I bought an early version mount in some Marketplace. MAY  have been the cause of some minor stability problems he improved in a later rev.  He just sent me a brand new one (no exchange no questions asked) and covered shipping.

I would love to have a Trijicon on much of my stuff and I do have several. But sometimes the optic ends up as much as the rifle. Excellent customer service.  But I had an Accupoint go in to them at the beginning of the lockdowns and it took nine months to get a service replacement.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 12:36:36 PM EDT
[#24]
But I think Arsenal and K-Var are the same thing.  Pretty sure this is what I put in my PSL and M77

https://www.k-var.com/fime-group-fire-control-group-for-vepr-308-762x54r-amp-30-06-akrpk-rifles
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Last couple points as far aftermarket pistol grips I really like the rubber Hogue grips I put on my two SBRd draco's (well, one wi a brace). Otherwise wooden M76 pistol grips feel great.

Link Posted: 2/2/2022 3:19:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jonm78] [#26]
View Quote

Finally got the TA50 ACOG back from Trijicon. They stated they repaired it so roughly 6 week turnaround. Have to wait till after this winter storm to hit up the range to try and zero it again.

UPDATE: @themao managed to get to the range and zero the TA50 ACOG. Good to go. Now just need some practice with it and get it to a longer range. But outstanding optic IMO. Makes me want to get a TA50 for one of my AR rifles.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 2:25:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Glad to hear that.

I finally got the AKR rail to go with my RS regulate Yugo mount. Definitely the best mount I’ve tried (AK master, UTG/Zastava, Midwest Industries). I was able to get the Steiner 1-4x out a little bit farther for the eye relief and lower using 1” Nightforce rings. It’s a nice, but heavy set up.

There is definitely something to be said about Prism optics for an AK. The shorter eye relief helps for certain. I prefer my Primary arms 3x on my SAR-2 to the Steiner 1-4x on my Zastava. I may got ahead and order an ACOG of some sort (probably a 4x).
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Good thread. I just finished ordering a ZPAP about 5 minutes ago and I was searching around to find the best mount to go with an optic.

Sounds like the RS Regulate is the answer if I can find the Picatinny rail model.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 6:32:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OldKingCole] [#29]
I swapped out my light maple furniture for fixed Circle 10 stock, Khyber Custom slotted cheese grater, surplus lower handguard, J-Comp 89 style muzzle break, Surplus Yugo pistol grip, RS Regulate mount and Holosun 510C
I'm loving the new look
https://flic.kr/p/2nc4QdY
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 2:40:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By OldKingCole:
I swapped out my light maple furniture for fixed Circle 10 stock, Khyber Custom slotted cheese grater, surplus lower handguard, J-Comp 89 style muzzle break, Surplus Yugo pistol grip, RS Regulate mount and Holosun 510C
I'm loving the new look
https://flic.kr/p/2nc4QdY
View Quote

That turned out nice!
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 2:58:05 PM EDT
[#31]
“Circling back around”…….I installed a TA-50 ACOG on my Zastava with a RS regulate Yugo rail, mini ACOG mount. I put 100 rounds through it yesterday at an indoor range. I really like the combo. I happened to stop by Euro Optic this summer. That convinced me to try a TA-50. Much nicer glass than Primary Arms and it is American made. Attachment Attached File

I still find the trigger to have creep when pulling back. ALG appears to be a no go per comments above. I could not get a BAD trigger to work appropriately. Not sure if anyone makes a dedicated Zastava trigger. Zastava themselves say only their triggers work in their AKs and not to change them.

Need to get to an outdoor range this month and try the TA-50. i really think prism optics excel on AKs
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 3:51:15 PM EDT
[#32]
“Circling back around”…….I installed a TA-50 ACOG on my Zastava with a RS regulate Yugo rail, mini ACOG mount. I put 100 rounds through it yesterday at an indoor range. I really like the combo. I happened to stop by Euro Optic this summer. That convinced me to try a TA-50. Much nicer glass than Primary Arms and it is American made. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/10504/2BBA46B5-288B-49BA-AAA1-13BAB1234A09_jpe-2584185.JPG

I still find the trigger to have creep when pulling back. ALG appears to be a no go per comments above. I could not get a BAD trigger to work appropriately. Not sure if anyone makes a dedicated Zastava trigger. Zastava themselves say only their triggers work in their AKs and not to change them.

Need to get to an outdoor range this month and try the TA-50. i really think prism optics excel on AKs
View Quote

What about an old fashioned gunsmith trigger job?

I've thought about trying it myself on my M90.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 12:20:57 AM EDT
[#33]
That would require me to buy polishing compound and a smooth polishing wheel for my Dremel tool

lol I guess that is the next step when I have time
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 3:56:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Just got finished doing my zpap trigger. Made a world of difference after some dremel magic. Smooth those bumps out just a hair.
Link Posted: 11/2/2022 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By D100:
Just got finished doing my zpap trigger. Made a world of difference after some dremel magic. Smooth those bumps out just a hair.
View Quote

Mind posting some pics and details about what you did and how?
Link Posted: 11/27/2022 2:07:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hill_monkey] [#36]
Subscribing to this thread cause I ordered a Zastava rifle on Thanksgiving and am an AK newb.

Eta: picked it up yesterday  

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top