Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2019 3:56:37 PM EDT
I've got several AK's: WASR 10s, Yugo Npap m70, PSA gen 2s and 3s.

AKs have become my favorite rifles.

I've never had a "premium" quality AK, like I have ARs.

So, I found a Arsenal SAM7R at K-Var and decided to dive in.

I was shocked someone had them in stock. I've been scouring the internet for Arsenal AKs, and the supply is very tight.

I work a a gun store, and none of our distributors even have any Arsenal AK rifles in stock.

I took the plunge, and now I'm eagerly awaiting for delivery.

It was $1350 plus shipping. It seems like a lot for an AK, but then again I paid just about the same amount for my Daniel Defense AR rifles.

(Stock photo)

I'm super excited to put my AK silencer on it, and thinking about the AKOU Cyclone 3x optics package.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 4:22:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks great!  Does it look like a primo finish and primo machining?  Tell me about the silencer. I thought you couldn’t use one on an AK because of the vent holes in the gas tube.  I have 3 MAK 90s that I shoot on occasion. I would like to put a silencer on one, and maybe even hunt with one.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 7:09:01 PM EDT
[#2]
An excellent choice.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Contrary to popular belief AKs are expensive to make.  Arsenal are great AKs.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 6:56:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks great!  Does it look like a primo finish and primo machining?  Tell me about the silencer. I thought you couldn’t use one on an AK because of the vent holes in the gas tube.  I have 3 MAK 90s that I shoot on occasion. I would like to put a silencer on one, and maybe even hunt with one.
View Quote
My AK silencer is the Kestrel 7.62 dedicated AK 14/1 LH thread.
It works wonders, especially if you use the KNS adjustable gas piston.
It’s not the quietest suppressed rifle, but it takes the bite out of the noise and the recoil reduction is substantial.
The AK silencer is the best thing I’ve ever done to a firearm.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Excellent, I recently got a SAM7-SF and after fixing its far crooked sights (would not zero even after adjusting the front sight all the way to the left, fortunately M-13 Industries helped fix that) its my new go-to shooter AK, give my MAK-90 spiker a break lol. Hopefully the sights on yours is straight on. Even better now with a Primary Arms 3x Prism on a RS Regulate mount, zeroed it at 50yds and confirmed at 200 yesterday and was able to consistently hit steel at that distance.

Quoted:
View Quote
My buddy attached one (forgot which brand) straight on the threads of his pre-ban 56s-2 Bakelike side folder, says it works great lol. I don't see how those vent holes will affect function of the suppressor.
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top