Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2018 7:18:37 AM EDT
I bought an SGL-21 from a buddy of mine for $750. When we were talking about it on the phone I assumed he was selling a SLR-107, because of the asking price.

I’m not an AK guy by any stretch of the imagination but my wife loves them and she gave me a BUNCH of crap after selling my last Arsenal which she, apparently, claimed. So I’m wondering how well I did on the purchase and why do the SGL-21s seem to be more sought after?

Not the best pictures, but they’re what I have for now. Can anyone confirm *exactly* which model this is? The stock doesn’t fold.

Link Posted: 10/19/2018 8:38:25 AM EDT
[#1]
That is an amazing price.. even better wife. Hang on to it.
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 3:41:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Definitely keeping the wife.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Great rifle.  The SGL21 was the first rifle I ever purchased.  I got 1000 rounds of red army standard HP and 3 circle 10 mags for $850 OTD.   I’ll never let it go, like you my wife would be furious!

Sic semper tyrannis,

RedEagle1
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 1:23:58 AM EDT
[#4]
You got a great deal in the current time period.
K-Var was selling these in about the 2008 time period for $500 to $550 or so IIRC, direct to customers.
I wish I had bought as many as I wanted at the time.  It was a great price then.  They commonly sell for well over $1,000 now on Gunbroker and elsewhere.
Page AK-47 » AK Reference
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top