Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2018 10:38:52 AM EDT
Hey guys picked up my first AK. It's a Century AK63DS, the stamped version of the milled 63D. A problem I'm having with it is the over travel on the safety going way past the fire position when sweeping from safe to fire. The safety lever is not loose or overly tight, feels just right to me. I'm not he-man slamming it to fire but I am applying some positive force to get it moving.

The small detent in the lever and receiver is there and catches but easily overcome. I did notice that the lever also has a flared half circle stop notch to mate up with the stop notch coming from the trigger guard. It's not aligned though and barely catching.  Is there a recommended fix for this or should I try another safety lever?

I was thinking of remove the lever and hitting the flared area with a punch so it has more area to catch.

Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:08:03 AM EDT
[#1]
...or bend that little tab out just a hair.

Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:10:35 AM EDT
[#2]
You could enlarge the notch, but you should definitely bend the lever inwards to give it more tension, it shouldn't go past the safety overtravel stop, the notches are meant to be easily selected.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 11:25:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You could enlarge the notch, but you should definitely bend the lever inwards to give it more tension, it shouldn't go past the safety overtravel stop, the notches are meant to be easily selected.
View Quote
I just noticed on my lever I do not have that small oval cutout as seen in OP's pic but mine stops solid when it hits the overtravel tab
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 9:04:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Just take the top cover off, rotate the selector lever up above the receiver and slightly bend the lever inwards. Keep doing this a little at a time until you are satisfied with the tightness of it.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top