Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2018 9:09:56 PM EDT
Was looking around and found this adapter.  Thinking about getting it and mounting my YHM can.  Issues with concentric threads ETC?

Link Posted: 11/29/2018 12:13:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Not exactly what you have, but I have a M85-NP so .556 vs 7.62.  It has the same huge M26x1.5 LH threads.  I got an adapter from CNC Warrior and also bought a 556 guide/test rod from them to eyeball concentricity.  I have a Wolverine in jail that I intend to run on this and other AKs, but in the meantime I took my Griffin Recce 7 off of my 300 blackout AR and an extra 30 cal Griffin QD mount I had on the shelf and tested it on the adapter with the rod.  As best I could see there was fairly equal space around the rod everywhere it passed through an opening.  If it were me, I don't know that I would trust it unless I tested it myself.  You can get a 7.62 rod from CNC Warrior for $30.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#2]
If it were me...I would shot the gun first to make sure it did not keyhole on paper. Then as stated above, install can and check bore alignment with 30 caliber rod. If it looks pretty much centered in the front cap you should be gtg. I have the same thread adapter from USmachinegun that I use with my Dead Air key mount flash hider. Its a quick change for when I want to shoot it unsuppressed with the original booster. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Get it threaded 1/2-28 by Morgan at class3machining he's a member here with a thread in the EE. Here's my pap, keep in mind you may want to put the kns adjustable piston to regulate gas.

Link Posted: 12/5/2018 10:26:40 AM EDT
[#4]
@FLchuck8

Have considered cutting off the original threads and having someone thread the barrel directly? Easttxhunter, a member here who has a threading services thread in the EE under services did mine for about $75 shipped back, plus about $30 for my shipping.

Also, I would take sagillman advice about the KNS piston. My pap M92 was really over gassed with the suppressor and that caused a few issues that need to be repaired.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it were me...I would shot the gun first to make sure it did not keyhole on paper. Then as stated above, install can and check bore alignment with 30 caliber rod. If it looks pretty much centered in the front cap you should be gtg. I have the same thread adapter from USmachinegun that I use with my Dead Air key mount flash hider. Its a quick change for when I want to shoot it unsuppressed with the original booster. Hope this helps.
View Quote
Checked the bore with an alignment rod this week and it is concentric, should be gtg.
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 9:18:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Resurrecting this thread!

@FLchuck8
@HDrider

How did your M92's turn out?

I'm looking to suppress mine as well
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 10:34:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

@FLchuck8
@HDrider

View Quote
Didn't do it. I called my buddy @ Yankee hill that hooked me up with my 30 cal phantom to ask about over gas issues. He basically said with out doing some major work it would likely break the welds.  The advice above re gas restrictions were what he suggested as well.

I weighted the cash aspect and pita factor then my wife broke her arm and needed to be treated out of state and out of network...and that's how my toy fund was drained.

It's still on the table once I can squirrel away funds. So I'd love to learn from any mistakes other members are willing to make for me
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Didn't do it. I called my buddy @ Yankee hill that hooked me up with my 30 cal phantom to ask about over gas issues. He basically said with out doing some major work it would likely break the welds.  The advice above re gas restrictions were what he suggested as well.

I weighted the cash aspect and pita factor then my wife broke her arm and needed to be treated out of state and out of network...and that's how my toy fund was drained.

It's still on the table once I can squirrel away funds. So I'd love to learn from any mistakes other members are willing to make for me
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@FLchuck8
@HDrider

Ah, sorry to hear about the wife, that's rough

I think I'm gonna have my barrel end threaded to 1/2x28 and loctite a QD flash hider onto it - attaching my suppressor to an adapter sounds sketchy

I also read that the KNS adjustable piston works well, as long as you're willing to spend another $150

I was actually planning on dumping way more into this project for an Arsenal SBR build, so this M92 is coming in way under budget
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:49:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Actually, just got my suppressor last week and only shot the M92 with it a couple of times. I was pretty impressed with it but didn't won't to damage the rear trunnion until I get the KNS adjustable piston. The Dead Air Sandman was mainly for my 8" barreled 300 blk but I do have 8 other hosts for it. If you were interested in suppressing your M92, I would say be prepared to purchase the kns to keep things running smoothly.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Actually, just got my suppressor last week and only shot the M92 with it a couple of times. I was pretty impressed with it but didn't won't to damage the rear trunnion until I get the KNS adjustable piston. The Dead Air Sandman was mainly for my 8" barreled 300 blk but I do have 8 other hosts for it. If you were interested in suppressing your M92, I would say be prepared to purchase the kns to keep things running smoothly.
View Quote
I planned on the KNS adjustable piston

Just trying to figure out how I'm gonna attach my suppressor (direct thread, QD system)

Do you have pictures of your suppressor installed on your M92?

@HDrider
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I planned on the KNS adjustable piston

Just trying to figure out how I'm gonna attach my suppressor (direct thread, QD system)

Do you have pictures of your suppressor installed on your M92?

@HDrider
View Quote
It would be easier to pm me and I can send a picture that way.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#12]
OP, This is all good advice in the thread. I have a Draco SBR that I run suppressed. I had to re-barrel it to get a concentric bore and had it threaded 1/2x28. I use a QD brake for mounting. The brass was going into the next zip code with the can on. I got the KNS piston and the brass drops at my feet now. Well worth the money. I think it was really developed for suppressed shooting.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 9:38:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
OP, This is all good advice in the thread. I have a Draco SBR that I run suppressed. I had to re-barrel it to get a concentric bore and had it threaded 1/2x28. I use a QD brake for mounting. The brass was going into the next zip code with the can on. I got the KNS piston and the brass drops at my feet now. Well worth the money. I think it was really developed for suppressed shooting.

Good luck.
View Quote
It drops at your feet? Like falls out the side?

That doesn’t sound right
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 11:49:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Watching close.

This has been a side project of mine as well, trying to get a Surefire 3-prong, and SOCOM762RC to work with my Underfolder M92.

Set it aside when I've got some concentricity issues with the use of a check nut.  Trying something different soon, cutting the barrel and indexing off the crown.  We'll see how it works...

KNS piston will be a 'must have', IMO.

Fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#15]
@notanatfagent

I guess I over embellished on that one. The casings land about 3ft at 2 o'clock. I could have someone stand there with a net and catch them. The gas piston is very adjustable and really smooths out the recoil.
Link Posted: 7/24/2019 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
@notanatfagent

I guess I over embellished on that one. The casings land about 3ft at 2 o'clock. I could have someone stand there with a net and catch them. The gas piston is very adjustable and really smooths out the recoil.
View Quote
Great to hear
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#17]
I need to invest in several kns pistons myself.
Link Posted: 7/26/2019 8:51:27 AM EDT
[#18]
KNS piston, have the barrel threaded 1/2x28 by Morgan (Class 3 Machining / eastTXhunter)

I’m using ASR mounts so I also had him bore out a .224 flash hider to .30 for me. It’s soooo soft shooting suppressed that it makes my PSAK seem violent by comparison.

I also had him re-thread and bore out another .224 flash hider to use on my PSAK, now I just need to get a KNS piston for it as well
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 1:14:13 PM EDT
[#19]
definitely need the KNS piston, my Draco with a SDN6 pushed out the rear trunnion after only a couple hundred rounds.

I have one of those adapters for my AK74, but it bottoms out on the sight tower well ahead of the muzzle so I have never used it with my Dead Air TI.
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I have used a Wolverine on my M92. As long as everything lined up and you're not keyholeing, you'd be fine.  Its not the quietest however. Keep that in mind.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/17/2019 2:57:26 PM EDT
[#21]
aod886 - Yes! Nice. That is the can I have been eyeballing for mine. I just need to get my brace adapter first.
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 12:08:35 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a Wolverine that I just got last Friday.  Have ran it on my m92 and my Galil pistol in 7.62x51.  Worked great on both.  I just use different adapters.  Plan on getting a 1/2x28 to use on my 7.5” .556 also.  Waiting on another barrel and will use it on my 300 blackout also.  Built like a tank.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#23]

1. KNS Piston check!

2. Adapter for can?

3. Best can?

Link Posted: 2/13/2020 7:25:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I have used a Wolverine on my M92. As long as everything lined up and you're not keyholeing, you'd be fine.  Its not the quietest however. Keep that in mind.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/249712/M92_PAP_7_62x39mm_with_Dead_Air_Wolverine__3__jpg-1127369.JPG
View Quote
I just watched this video from AKOU on YouTube. Mr. Rob is very happy with the Wolverine suppressor.

Wolverine on M92
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/249712/M92_PAP_7_62x39mm_with_Dead_Air_Wolverine__3__jpg-1127369.JPG
View Quote
Sweet looking set up btw!
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 1:01:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Are you guys saying I can take a new ZPAP92 pistol and have the threads rethreaded to be concentric and a different pitch even tho the existing threads are right to the fsb?

I’m looking to SBR a zpap and would like to be able to use one of the 30 cal cans I already have instead of having to buy/wait for a heavy ass Wolverine
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 7:09:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Yes, that’s what a lot of us have done (me included) send it to Morgan at Class 3 Machining (EastTXHunter here) and he’ll chop off the FSB threads and thread the actual barrel 1/2x28. Also have him bore out a 1/2x28 .223 mount to .30 cal unless you have something that’ll work already
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Awesome! Thanks for the info
Link Posted: 4/9/2020 7:57:00 AM EDT
[#29]
No problem. Make sure you also get a KNS piston since it’ll be very very over gassed and will batter your rear trunnion to death without adjusting the gas
Page AK-47 » AK Pistols/SBR
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top