Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2022 7:55:17 AM EDT
Did the izzies put something around the stock tube section/where the rollpin goes before attaching it to the receiver?

Loctite or JB weld or something
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Not from kits I've seen, but they could have if they got lose - if you are going to add a stock to a US receiver, and it is not a tight fit some blue loctite or the like could help, depending on how sloppy the fit is. Shim metal, aluminum tape, etc if its real lose. as an ersatz fix.
Link Posted: 10/28/2022 10:42:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I've disassembled a lot of Galil stocks with epoxy in the knuckle. Thankfully, at this point it's fairly brittle and should break easily. But I have had to soak a few in boiling water to loosen the joint.
Link Posted: 1/10/2023 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes. its like white epoxy or some type of locktite.

When it came time to get my kit ready for building , i had the hardest time trying to get the damn stock out of the receiver. I used a heat gun on the area for about 10 min. I then I had to put a wrench wrapped in a t shirt between the stock bars and twist that thing hard as hell.

Link Posted: 1/12/2023 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#4]
My kit had epoxy of some flavor. My US receiver is sloppy as hell.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 5:43:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CPT_CAVEMAN] [#5]
So it sounds like heat is the best way to get these off?

ETA I extended the stock then rested the knuckle and sling attachment on a vise then whacked the corner of the receiver with a punch and hammer.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top