Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2021 11:30:58 AM EDT
I have a chance to buy this local for $1,800. Just want to make sure I’m not over paying and trying to figure out what it’s worth.

“This is missing some of the accessories including the Bipod, original pistol grip, tritium night sights, flash suppressor and the folding stock all which can be bought online for less than $500 total. I will consider all reasonable offers. These are hard to find and was not made from a kit but made in Israel and imported ban the late 1980’s.”

That is all I know on it.

Link Posted: 10/7/2021 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I would buy it, but some people want everything original.
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 12:33:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Any pics of other side? Who is importer?
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 1:28:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Double check the parts availability if you are thinking of making it whole. That stuff is drying up quickly. I have never seen one in a pistol layout, it looks very short.

Sarco occasionally has real bipods. Try Apex or Arms of America for the other stuff. You might have to buy a parts kit to get some of it. Good Luck
Link Posted: 10/8/2021 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Numrich has the folding stock and the hinge assembly (still attached to a cut receiver stub) for less than $100.  I think I'd probably get it.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 4:29:17 PM EDT
[#5]
If that is original AA or MR import (AA I bet), then get it!!  You can finish it for short money.  With everything that is missing those sell for $3500+ all day long.  Do the math.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 4:43:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Who made the receiver
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 5:06:56 AM EDT
[#7]
That is a very weird setup.  I would double check everything before agreeing to buy.  Who in their right mind would remove the missing items on such an expensive collectable rifle.  Were any rifles with that front end sold with thumbhole stocks?  That could be the only reason to remove the stock and not replace.  I can see a missing bipod, but the stock?  Also, if the barrel is under 16 then I would definitely not buy as I am unaware of any Galil pistols imported back then.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Never heard of a 382s.

Closeup pics of the receiver would be nice.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 8:44:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, that don't look legit to me.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 8:48:27 PM EDT
[#10]
That’s not a factory gun until proven otherwise.    Run!
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:10:24 PM EDT
[#11]
So two things

Did he mean Action Arms/IMI 386?

And I do not know if they imported any true pistol configurations...

But gonna level with you. I'm 99.9% sure that's not a factory gun. Ask for importer and pic of other side.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 9:13:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Absolutely no factory Galil’s were imported as pistols before the Galil Ace family.

Link Posted: 10/30/2021 1:22:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Absolutely no factory Galil’s were imported as pistols before the Galil Ace family.

View Quote

It doesn't appear that the seller is advertising it as a pistol. Even mentioned it was missing the stock in the ad.
Link Posted: 11/5/2021 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Need to see the receiver markings on the L/H side. The last 4 digits of the receiver serial number will also be stamped on the side of the rear sight base. I believe it’s a model “392 big S”, which was a post ban 392, ie thumbhole stocked 392. The “big S” stamped in different font after the 392 designated post ban. The model 392 was an ARM with 16” barrel with 1/12 twist for the 55gr m193 and no bayonet lug. There were a very few of those that had a thumbhole stock and if I recall no bipod installed, vaguely recall it was in the box separate. Can’t remember if the barrel was not threaded or had a thread protector tack welded over the threads. Think what had happened was some of the regular model 392 hadn’t cleared US Customs or were on a boat enroute to the US when the 1989AWB had been signed and went into effect. They were converted to thumbhole stock configuration. It would have been an Action Arms. Don’t think Springfield Armory brought in any at the very end like that after Action Arms stopped. Hypothetically speaking, if it’s an IMI/Action Arms original gun and not an “IMI receiver” that was assembled, you could find a thumbhole stock to put it back in its import configuration. Locating a folding stock assembly, bipod and flash hider aren’t difficult either.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Top Top