Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2021 10:07:24 PM EDT
I'm building a Galil and the last piece of the puzzle is rivets.

Anyone know the specs on the rivets used for the Galil trigger guard and magazine catch? I need the diameter and length as well as any other pertaint information.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I used Milled AK trigger guard rivets for mine.

https://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=30650

They worked perfectly.  Its just a bitch get the rivets pressed on if you are using a traditional AK trigger guard rivet Jig because of the extended magazine latch.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They worked perfectly.  Its just a bitch get the rivets pressed on if you are using a traditional AK trigger guard rivet Jig because of the extended magazine latch.
View Quote

I ended up using stamped AK rivets.

I made my own jig to smash them with.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How did you do it? Im thinking about pucking up a SAR since they are plentiful atm and am trying to think of ways to streamline my building.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 9:23:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How did you do it? Im thinking about pucking up a SAR since they are plentiful atm and am trying to think of ways to streamline my building.
View Quote

What do you mean? The rivet tool?

I have mill access so I just measured the rivet spacing and machined a little jig to smash all 4 at the same time. I used mild steel which turned out to be a little soft. If I were to do it again if make them in D2 or A2.

The galil is crazy easy to build, especially if you get a headspaced receiver.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 12:57:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have mill access so I just measured the rivet spacing and machined a little jig to smash all 4 at the same time. I used mild steel which turned out to be a little soft. If I were to do it again if make them in D2 or A2.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I ment smashing the rivets with the Magazine latch in the way. I used the traditional Rivet jig for an AK and just extended the magazine latch all the way out. My front two rivets arnt the pretiest because of it. I was wondering if theres a better way.

Agreed on the ease of building a Galil. Really just the trigger guard was my only sticking point. other than that, it was nice.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top