Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2022 2:26:47 PM EDT
Thinking about letting this go but not sure of a fair asking price. Not trying to gouge anyone by any means. I want to make sure the sale is a good deal for both parties.

5.56 Galil Golani, this is an early one with good machining on the receiver, comes with 8 steel 35 round surplus magazines in the 2 pouches and 1 orolite 35 round, and sling. 1/2 X 28 threads were cut on top of the factory threads to accommodate my suppressor, the threads are concentric. I’ve had the rifle for many years and it’s been very reliable but I also have not shot it in years. Selling to help cover some anticipated medical bills.

Link Posted: 9/16/2022 2:42:10 PM EDT
[#1]
tag cause Im curious
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 8:23:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Price depends on where you are selling it, who you are selling it to.  I'm inclined to say its worth the price of current clones offered.  Regardless of improvements or quality being better.

Note:  Current market is currently offering many Galil clones and kits (of variable quality) but they are quite abundant currently.

A buyer wondering about a Golani will do an internet search and have questions, as there are complaints of Century's reputation on the Golani.

You have a good one and invested into it, which will be good for a buyer and seller as both walk away happy

but I am of the opinion you won't climb too much above the current market price for the current commercial clones in your local area - as most buyers are not going to educate themselves on the good the bad and the ugly in various clone builds.

An educated buyer might value the mags, the re-threading and the evident good build as value added - many will not.

I've never seem to made market value of accessories or mags bundled with a gun.  For some reason people kind of bundle the price of those downward - again many don't necessarily see the value of mags until they have to shop for them and people know you don't necessarily want to keep them.

If you have a popular brick and mortar gun shop that does reasonable consignments, I'd ask them what they think.  I'd say (assuming its in nice shape and is well done) a buyer price $1k-1250 without accessories and negotiatie accessories or sell online.   Note this is a shoot from the hip guess as you locale may have many $900 clones on the market - and that would drive your asking price to that.  

Overall - People buy with their eyes and generally go into a shop with the intent to buy something.  If they are in a brick and mortar store, they are used to brick and mortar pricing (generally higher than online) A good looking and exotic gun (like a Galil clone) next to common AR15 types really stands out.

Just my 2 cents.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:
Go on Gunbroker, see what Golanis are selling for (not just listed for, but what people actually bid on them).  That is pretty much what market price is going to be.

At a wild guess maybe $1000 to $1200 depending on market perception vs. the current JRA builds, also depends on if you have test fired it and it runs good on factory steel mags, some Golanis were finicky about that.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Mine runs on steel and orlite just fine as long as it is brass cased ammo. Steel cases choke it up right off the bat.

OP-Ever had issues with steel in yours?
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top